Tuesday, November 26, 2013

non-stop November: trash talk: episode 7

Today I am bringing you another episode of "trash talk"- or more commonly known as an empties/used up products post! A lot of these are deluxe sized samples that became part of my every day routine and really did take a while to finish.


The first product I finished- that was not part of my every day routine- is the Big Sexy Hair Powder Play which I got in my April Glam bag (you can see that post here). This is one of those volumizing powders that also gives your hair some texture. These types of products have become huge and I must say I didn't enjoy this one. The Got 2b POWDER'ful Volumizing Styling Powder works much better at give your hair some boost and volume.

Next is the H2O Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment that I got from my October Glam bag (click here to see that post). This deluxe sample lasted me about a month, so quite a good amount of time. I only used this at night since it claims to be hydrating, but I didn't notice any of that. This has a gel consistency that feels tacky on the face after application. It also takes a while to dry. I can't say I would repurchase this because I don't think this is moisturizing or hydrating at all.

In the center you can see the Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub. Like the name suggests this is a sugar scrub for your lips that has a minty taste and smell. It is not overpowering and the scent doesn't linger after you use it. I think I mentioned this as a favorite at one point but after some consideration, my opinion kind of changed. The pot packaging makes this kind of unsanitary because you have to stick your finger in it every time you want to use it. I also feel that too much product goes to waste because the consistency is kind of dry. The pot will last you quite a while, even with every day use, which is nice. I do find using a toothbrush much more effective at removing all the dead skin, though.

The fourth product I have used up is the bareMinerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation. I also used up the Original formula of this, so I wanted to compare them to each other. I do think both of these mineral foundations apply very nicely and give a light to medium coverage. They both have a natural finish immediately after application, however the Original formula would get wayyyy too dewy on my oily skin throughout the day whereas the Matte formula kept my skin natural looking. I only had a little bit of oil in the t-zone with that one. I did notice that both of these can cake up in your wrinkles (in my case it happened to be between the brows) and they do emphasize dry skin/patches. The shades are very forgiving, even if they aren't a perfect match for your skin tone at the moment which was nice going from winter into spring. I did enjoy the Matte Foundation a lot and can see myself purchasing that again.

The next product is the pixi Flawless & Poreless Primer which I got in my February Glam bag (view that post here). Like I mentioned there, this primer doesn't have that silicone feel- it feels like a regular moisturizer. After using several application methods...patting, buffing, rubbing...this did nothing. My pores looked the same size they always do, my makeup didn't last any longer or apply nicer. I can't even say that it was moisturizing because I definitely would not use this without one. Honestly, it was just a flop.

Last, but not least, is the e.l.f. Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Bark. I don't even have to worry about finishing it because I have backups! I mentioned this in my favorite e.l.f. products post, click here, and continue to love it. It is a great lipstick formula that gives you the benefits of a gloss, as well, and not to mention this perfect color- I can't get enough!

I hope this gave you some insight as to what products I enjoy and others that are maybe not so suitable for me. Have you tried any of these products and loved or hated them? Please let me know, I love to hear how products work on other people...who knows, maybe I'm doing something wrong!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment