Friday, November 8, 2013

non-stop November: the 5: high-end products worth the money!

I am all about those amazing drugstore finds that cut your makeup costs in half (or more), but sometimes...some products are worth the extra splurge! I wanted to share with y'all my favorite high-end products that are absolutely worth every penny!


MAC Pro Longwear Concealer is probably one of the best things MAC has. It gives beautiful coverage and can provide as a highlight (if you get a light enough shade). I have the shade NC15 and is great for both those purposes. I don't even feel that I have to layer foundation under this concealer because it provides that much coverage! I don't see it creasing throughout the day and it does not feel heavy on the skin. Also, since it is so pigmented, a little goes a long way! This is definitely a product that I can't find complaints about (and with the wide color selection, you will be able to find a shade that perfectly matches you).

My next favorite product is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel. I have tried clear mascaras and nothing keeps my brows in place like this product! It is a bit on the pricey side (for a brow gel) at about $20, but if you get the kits that come with the brow pencil, tweezers and the gel it ends up being a good deal. I use this every day and have been for the past 3 months- so you know it lasts a while (even the little ones)!

Probably the best palette I have ever used, in terms of convenience, variety of shades and finishes, quality, and blendability, is the Lorac Pro Palette. It is a palette complete with shades you could need for a variety of looks. Not only is the whole top row filled with matte shades- good for blending out in the crease, or adding balance to a very shimmery look- but they are good quality. I wouldn't consider any shade, shimmery or matte, a dud. They have great pigmentation and a soft feel. There is a little bit of fall out, but that can be prevented by tapping the brush before applying it to your eye. Some of my favorite shades include Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple (all 3 shimmery/metallic), Sable, Mauve and Espresso (all 3 matte). Those are all swatched in respective order. If you are in the market for a palette, especially beginners looking to start their makeup collection, I would highly suggest to get this!

Since I just talked about my favorite shadows, I think I need to mention the best primer I have ever used. The Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base does not crease or move your shadows. I have fairly oily eyelids that leaves my eye looks creased after a few hours- even with other primers. I have never had a problem with this one. It has a silicon feel to it, making it easy to spread over your eyelid. This is another product that will last you a while because you don't need much to cover the surface of your lids. Another great thing is that this isn't super pricey when you compare it to other eye primers (like Urban Decay)!

The final product I want to mention is the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipsticks. I have the shade Lingerie Pink 7. This formula is beautiful! So creamy and pigmented- it goes on with ease. Not to mention that the packaging is beautiful! I have to admit, I bought this solely for the packaging because I thought it would look pretty on display...I didn't expect this to be such a great formula and color! It definitely is quite a splurge, but for the sheer beauty of the product, I think you need it! ;)

Of course there are other high-end products I enjoy, but I wanted to give special attention to these five. Let me know what your "gotta have" high-end products are!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment