Saturday, November 9, 2013

non-stop November: back to basics: removing facial hair

I am sure I'm not the only female who is absolutely annoyed by her facial hair! Sure, I may be one of the lucky ones that only grows blonde hair- but I tell ya, that peach fuzz just looks atrocious! So even though this is kind of a taboo topic, I wanted to let y'all know how I get rid of my facial hair (I have a separate post on how I do my brows, which you can find here). Disclaimer: don't do this is if you have allergies to wax or feel uncomfortable doing this to yourself- I only do at-home waxing because I like my techniques and in the effort to save a couple bucks.

Like I said before, I mainly only grow blonde hair, but I have noticed more and more how it clings on to my makeup. I have been using this routine for about 6 months now, and I couldn't be more satisfied! Here's what you will need:


Some kind of toner to cleanse your skin with- I use the Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner, cotton pads, Nair Face Wax Strips- any wax strips will work, but smaller ones are easier to work on the face with, and the Tinkle Eyebrow Shaper, which you can find here.

You want to start with a clean, freshly washed face to ensure that the wax can grip every hair. Then take a wax strip and place it on the area where you want to remove your facial hair (I only wax my upper lip and brows). Rub in the direction that the hair grows to grip every hair. Then, holding the edge of the wax strip, pull against the hair growth. Repeat this process until you are satisfied. Once you are finished, remove any residual wax using the oil cloth provided in the kit.

As for my "sideburns", I like to use the Tinkle Eyebrow Shaper to shave the hair. Placing the razor at a 45 degree angle to your face, use short downward strokes. I do this on the whole outer part of my cheek, the sides of the neck and under the chin- you will be surprised at how much hair comes off!

Also, I would just like y'all to know that my hair does NOT grow back thicker or darker. And my makeup application looks much nicer since I have started doing this.

Once I have finished waxing and shaving, I like to use the Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner on a cotton pad to cleanse those areas and close the pores.

I know I'm not the only woman who struggles with facial hair, so in the name of beauty and helping my fellow ladies out, I put my secrets out there. I hope this helps you, if you are in a hairy facial situation! And if you don't mind or like your facial hair, then rock on girl and more power to ya!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment