Monday, September 10, 2012

the 5: best ELF products (plus some extra!)

For the price of their products, I think ELF is a great make up company that is making dupes that match many high end brands. I composed a list of what I think are some of the best ELF products, in no particular order (these are my opinions):

1. Blending Eye Brush and Professional Eye Crease Brush

I think these two are very essential for any eye make up. The Blending Brush is very soft and easily blends out the rough edges of any natural or even dark smokey look. I have also used it for concealer, where it performed amazingly. This is from their mineral line of brushes and I think it cost around $5. I could not find it on the website, but try looking for it at beautyjoint.com.

The Eye Crease brush is a perfect size to get not only the inner and outer corners of your eye, but also underneath. It can also do a little bit of blending (if your shade is light enough) and serve as a pencil brush, for lining your lower lashes. This brush costs only $1, so even if you end up not liking it, it didn't cost a whole bunch of money.





2. Conditioning Lip Balm SPF 15 (Nice & Natural), Luscious Liquid Lipstick (Bark) and Essential Lipstick (Nostalgic) -swatches from left to right

    

The Conditioning Lip Balm was one of the first products I ordered from ELF. It has a great color that just goes on the lips so smoothly and has a nice moisturizing effect. I could wear this color every day because it is truly the "your lips but better" type of effect. It has a coconut scent, which is not too strong. And an added plus is the SPF, which keeps your lips from getting chapped on a sunny day! This is from their studio collection and costs only $3.


The Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Bark has to be my favorite liquid lipstick. I think the color is such a beautiful natural brown that looks great on fair skin! The lipstick itself has a minty smell and is somewhat sticky, but that doesn't bother me! This lipstick is from ELF's essential collection and costs only $1. I love this color so much, that I have several back ups of it, just in case!




Lastly, is the lipstick in Nostalgic. Although, I do not necessarily like the consistency of this, the color is just amazing. I like more pinky nudes because orange or brown based ones are too dark for my skin tone. Even though I have fair skin, I think this lipstick would look great on any skin tone! I think this is almost like Myth from MAC except since it has more pinks to it, it is much more wearable. This lipstick only costs $1. It is no longer available at ELF, but definitely at the site listed above.


3. Shimmering Facial Whip (Spotlight, Toasted)

These highlighters are just amazing! I think they give the most beautiful sheen to the skin that makes you look glowy and fabulous! The one on the left (Spotlight) is perfect for lighter skinned tones and is white in color. Once blended out, it looks very similar to Benefit's High Beam.

Toasted, however, is my favorite. This is beautiful for all skin tones and gives the skin a bronzed look. I love this one for when I'm trying to look a bit tanner because it just seems to do that, along with giving my face a beautiful highlight.

Both of these are part of the essential collection and only cost $1. I know they have a hard, stick version of these, but I didn't find them to work as well.




facial whips on left (2), tinted moisturizer
4. Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

This tinted moisturizer gives the perfect coverage for me. All the ones I have tried before leave some redness still showing, but this is great. It matches my skin tone easily and can be made up to medium coverage when adding a powder. I usually use a translucent powder in my t-zone to offset oiliness.

This does not have the greatest staying power, but for going to class it does great! I like to apply it with a flat top brush (which you can also find at ELF). This is part of the essential collection and costs $1.


5. Mineral Powder Brush and Small Stipple Brush

The Powder brush can be used for so many things! It has very soft bristles that are perfect for blush, contour, highlight, t-zone powder, full coverage powder application, etc. I can think of so many uses for this! For many of these brushes, I ordered 2 of them because I think they are amazing for the price.

The Stipple brush runs along the same lines. There are so many uses for this, but especially when using cream products. I think the finish this brush gives is absolutely gorgeous! There is a larger Stipple brush that I sometimes use for foundation that I also enjoy.

Both these brushes are part of the studio line and only cost $3. The quality for the price is outstanding!


*Honorable Mention: Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder. I also enjoy this product, but only half of it. The bronzer is the perfect matte color for me to contour with, however the sparkly blush only benefits me in the summer (I like to keep my blushes matte most of the time to make my skin look less oily). I also noticed that they have come out with this in several shades, where as before there was only one. Definitely worth a try for $3!

I love many of the ELF products, but these are my favorites (even though there were more than 5). Do you enjoy any of these products, and what are your favorites from ELF? Let me know in the comments below!


As always, stay happy and healthy :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment