Monday, November 18, 2013

non-stop November: hot cocoa eye look

I was playing around this morning and realized that I have been seriously neglecting my Too Faced Shadow Bon Bons Palette, which was a holiday palette from last year. So I wanted to try a simple look with it that would be appropriate for work!



I started the look off with priming my eye lids up to the brow bone using the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer. To make the look last even longer, I used the Neutrogena Crease Proof Eye Shadow in Lasting Taupe (swatched top left). I put this all over the lid and also dragged a little up into the crease. I reviewed these in another post, which you can check out here.

I do realize that the Too Faced Shadow Bon Bons Palette was limited edition, but I included swatches so you can find shades that are similar in your collection or even dupes. First, taking Hot Cocoa, a warm mid-tone satin brown, I patted this all over the lid and then used a fluffy brush to blend out any harsh edges. You can blend this qutie high up in to the crease to act as a "border" for the darker shade. 

Next taking Lovey Dovey, a dark brown shimmer, I placed this in the outer corner and blended up in to the crease using that same fluffy brush. Take your time blending here because you want this to be very faded out. I also dragged a little of this color on my lower lash line, but only on the outer third. Using too much shadow on the lower lash line can make the look too smokey and not as well suited for a work environment. I then used Vanilla, a creamy matte white, to highlight the brown bone and blend out the Lovey Dovey shade even further. 

Lastly, I took the CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 3-Kit Shadow in Shimmering Sands and applied the lightest shade to my inner corner. Apply some liquid liner- I used the Lorac Front of the Line Pro- in any shape that you want.

I absolutely love how this look turned out! I think this would look absolutely gorgeous with blue and brown eyes, and because the shades can be blended so easily they can look appropriate for any occasion, by making the shadows darker or blending them out more. The brown with the light inner corner reminds me hot cocoa with marshmallows- a perfect winter treat! On my lips I used the Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in Demure 105 (I will be doing a review on these shortly!).

I hope you enjoyed this look- it was really nice to get in to using this palette again. I know not everyone probably got this palette when it was out last year, but the shades are very dupe-able! I will be back with another post tomorrow!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment