Monday, November 11, 2013

non-stop November: taupe-tally easy EOTD

I was playing around with some of my shadows and rediscovered the e.l.f. Essentials Brightening Eye Color, specifically the quad in Brownstone. This has several different shades of taupe/brown ranging from light to dark. I decided to do a look with two of the shades because they are such beautiful taupe shades!


Even though these are beautiful shades, they aren't very pigmented, so they needed a boost. I started off with the Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my entire eye area (from lashline to brow bone) and then added the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Bikini-tini to the lid. This just gave the shadow something extra to stick to, which also made it a bit more pigmented.

Next I took the e.l.f. Essentials Brightening Eye Color in Brownstone, using the lighter middle shade, and packed that densely onto my lid- in the same exact places I put the cream shadow. I then took the darker shade and put that in my crease and outer corner, as well as the lower lash line. To give the crease some depth and also fade out the edges, I used the Coastal Scents Hot Pot in M22 which I just found out was discontinued. It's a matte, medium taupe-brown (shadows swatched in the order they are pictured above). I then took the Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil in Obsidian and drew on a winged liner. Using the black shadow from the CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Shadows in Drama Eyes, I placed that on top of the liner to make it more smoked out and smudgy. Lastly, I applied a creamy light pink shadow from a Revlon palette, that has also been discontinued, on my brow bone and inner corner.

I love the way all these shades look together and because they have a slightly plum tinge to them, they look great on green eyes! I apologize for the discontinued shades...I literally found out as I was writing this post, but they are very commonly found shades, so you should have no problem finding something similar! The great thing about this look is that you can swap in products you already have and save some money that way! I hope you enjoyed it and look out for more posts this month. :D

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment