Friday, November 29, 2013

non-stop November: L'Oreal Miracle Blur

For about a half a year now, the L'Oreal RevitaLift Miracle Blur Instant Skin Smoother Finishing Cream has been the talk of the town. I heard many good things about it, but at like $25 for a little bit more than an ounce I wasn't convinced by just reviews. Then one day, as I was walking around Walgreens scoping out new beauty products, I came across a mini version of this for only $7...so my immediate thought was "yes! I gotta try this".


This product has many claims so I want to mention some of those and then tell you how truthful I think L'Oreal is being.
  • blends in seamlessly to create a perfectly smooth surface
  • diffuses light on skin for a soft-focus blurring effect
  • erases lines, wrinkles and reduces pore size visibility
  • defend against future signs of aging
  • and protect against sun rays.

So, let's crack down on this supposed miracle worker. When you first squeeze the product out of the tube it has a white tint and is very thick. When you rub it in it has a bit of a silicon feeling to it and is very easy to spread. It dries to a matte finish and doesn't feel sticky or anything, just like your skin. L'Oreal suggests to put this on after you cleanse and use your day cream, and you can use it under your makeup or alone. It does have a tiny hint of that typical sunscreen scent but it is basically unscented.

When I first got this, I just didn't believe it would "blur" your skin and make you look photo ready...but I can say with confidence that THAT is exactly what it does. In the top left picture, you can see a close up of my skin with only moisturizer. You can tell that my pores are visible and I have some redness going on, as well as some blemishes. The bottom left, is a close up of the Miracle Blur applied. You can see the pores are not as visible and the redness is toned down. In the picture on the right, I show you a side by side comparison- the left side has the Miracle Blur applied to it and the right does not. Also, the left side looks more matte. I was really just amazed (I had to ask my mom and sister to make sure I wasn't imagining things, lol!).

As for lines and wrinkles, that is not something I really struggle with but you can notice that the wrinkles under my eye on the left side are not as noticeable. The SPF 30 definitely helps with protection against sun rays, but I can't yet say if I feel that it defends against future signs of aging.


This picture shows the product applied to both sides, and I really like how it looks. I think if you want to go bare-faced but struggle with pores, redness and lines, you can slap this on and feel more confident walking out the door. Under makeup, it looks beautiful as well. Also, you can concentrate this on only certain areas to "blur" your problem sections. I think blending with your fingers suffices and to really fill in pores, use tapping motions.

As for staying power, this doesn't really make your makeup last any longer (not that it claims to). The packaging says to reapply every 2 hours if this is your main sunscreen- which for me, it is not.

I really do think this product is worth every penny, because it actually lives up to it's claims. I usually use very low coverage foundations to begin with but I wouldn't mind walking out of the house with this on and some mascara (I wouldn't mind walking out of the house completely bare either, but even just mascara gives you a boost of confidence). If you are weary, try the smaller size...$7 stand between you and perfectly blurred skin!

I hope you all had a lovely and safe Thanksgiving with your families, and got to enjoy a beautiful meal with each other!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment