Saturday, November 30, 2013

non-stop November: sample Saturday: Ren, YSL, Ojon

I finished a few more samples that I wanted to share with you. Some of these I was able to use a few times, so I formed a bit more of a complete opinion.


One of the samples that I got with one of my Sephora orders is the Ren Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk. This is a cleanser with a thin consistency. It has a scent to it that I can't place- it reminds me of something you would smell in a hospital or at the doctor. However the scent doesn't linger long or isn't very potent. It removes your makeup including any eye makeup, but I can't confirm whether it removes waterproof mascara because I don't use it. After you have cleansed it does leave your skin feeling very soft and as if you just applied moisturizer. Also, it does remove all the makeup on your face. I think this would be great for people with very inflamed and dry skin, because of the way it soothes. Not something I would personally purchase because I didn't feel it worked any better than what I am doing right now.

A sample my friend gave me is the Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation. I have been wanting to try this for a while, so I was really excited! This foundation has a very thin, runny consistency and a fruity/floral scent. I placed this all over my face with my fingers and then used a buffing brush to blend it. I noticed that it can stick a bit to dry patches but it isn't too drying. It has medium coverage and gives you a natural finish. It doesn't really "dry" so I would set it with a light powder to get rid of that tacky feeling.

As for staying power, it does pretty well. I only noticed a bit of oil in the t-zone, but like I mentioned before, I would set this with a powder. In the pictures you can see my bare face (top left), and then my face with the foundation as well as a close up. I don't think I will purchase this foundation because the coverage is a little too much for me- I like to have more of a light coverage foundation. Also, I don't like how it stays tacky.

My last sample is the Ojon Color Sustain Pro Fade Fighter. I'm not quite sure what this is supposed to be...a conditioner, a treatment? I really don't know, but I used it as a conditioner. This has a runny consistency and a musky perfume smell. I had to use a lot to to feel like I got my hair coated completely. Once I washed it out, it didn't leave my hair feeling soft like a normal conditioner would. However, when I blow dried my hair it did feel relatively soft. As for the claim that it protects your hair color- I can't really comment on that because I didn't use it long enough. Can't say I would buy this again.

I hope you have a lovely weekend and enjoyed all my non-stop November posts! I can't believe the month is already over! Look for more posts coming soon.

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment