Friday, February 15, 2013

February Glam bag 2013

I was really impressed with last months Glam bag so, of course, I was very excited to see what was going to come for the month of February- and I must say, I was impressed. This is by far the best monthly subscription beauty service that I have found. Here is what came in the bag this month and my first impressions:


The products all came in this patent black case, but I forgot to get that in the picture. First is the Lash Card which are "individually wrapped mascara shields" that are supposed to prevent clumping and smudging. I don't really have a problem with too much mascara getting on my lid, but I can see how it would help with that problem. The only thing I am somewhat iffy about is how big your lashes can get, since I feel that a little bit of clumping is what helps build lots of lashes.

Next is the pop Beauty Smokey Lash Kapow!!! Mascara. I was impressed with the size of the product, since I find even the small mascaras last me a while! Here is what I got this mascara to do with two applications (primer was applied to lashes). Also, this mascara did carry onto my lower and upper lid throughout the day, which made me look like a raccoon! So, overall probably a decent layering mascara, but not what something I would wear on it's own.

Towards the bottom you can see a small Coastal Scents Quad in the color Glitz & Glamour. It is mostly blacks and silvery colors. All of them were good quality except the dark one with glitter. The shadows were a bit powdery but I think they overall were very pigmented.

Then is the Mica Beauty Gel Eyeliner in Black. This is a really intense black that lasts! When I swatched it on my hand it wouldn't come off after I took pictures! I think this might be great for my oily eyelids, since I do have a problem with gel eyeliners moving.

Lastly, I got the pixi Flawless & Poreless Primer. I only swatched this on my hand so I can't tell you if it lessens the visibility of pores and such, but it did feel very different from some other primers I have tried. It didn't feel "silky" but more tacky. So I'm curious to know if that will make makeup hold better? Who knows.

Here are some swatches of all the products!


from left to right: Coastal Scents shadows, (top R) pixi Primer, (bottom R) Mica Beauty gel liner

Overall, I think a great Glam bag. From last month, my favorite product definitely has to be the Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Bloody Mary. I just thought it was the perfect red! Did you get this month's Glam bag? What product has been yours so far, and which products have you loved in the past? Let me know in the comments below!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment