Wednesday, November 20, 2013

non-stop November: 2 shadow look: brown & grey

Eyeshadow was not something I usually wore on a daily basis, but lately, I can see how much of a difference it really makes to your whole completed look. Putting on a little bit of eye shadow can make you look like you spent a whole lot of time on your makeup- when you really didn't! Today I wanted to show you this affordable brown and grey look I did, using only two eyeshadow shades!


Take any primer you want, I used the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer, and apply that all over your lid and up to the brow bone (I'm trying to use this one up). I then took the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Bikini-tini and applied that on the lid, stopping at the crease. I used this to give extra staying power to my primer- I have very oily eyelids. You can also use the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal Eyeshadow in Barely Branded for a cheaper version, or any light champagne cream product that you may have at home!

Now, let's get to shadows. Like I mentioned above and the title implies, all you need is two eyeshadows to get this look! First I used the e.l.f. Essentials Brightening Eye Color in Brownstone (the lighter middle shade) and applied this lightly in the crease using a fluffy brush. This is a satin/shimmery taupe shade that adds definition in your crease without looking too sparkly. Next, I took the e.l.f. Essentials Brightening Eye Color in Drama (again, the lighter middle shade) and patted this all over my lid using a dense shadow brush. This does have some specks of glitter, but I do not recommend wetting the shadow because it becomes too dark for daytime. I then went back in with the shade from the Brownstone quad to deepen the crease a little and blend out the edges from the grey shade.

This is so easy to do and really gives you a completed eye look! You can add liquid liner if you'd like to- I used the Lorac Front of the Line Pro to create a winged eyeliner- or you can just apply mascara and you're good to go!

I will be doing more of these 2 shadow looks so keep an eye out for those! I hope this gave you some ideas of how to do your makeup if you're in a rush in the morning!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment