Saturday, November 23, 2013

non-stop November: let's get Naked!: silver sparkle

With the release of the new Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette I decided to start a new series! This is going to be tutorials using the eyeshadows featured only in the Naked palettes. Some may be quick and simple, while others more intricate, but you will be able to create them using only the Naked palettes. So today I'm featuring a look using the Naked 2 Palette along with some other products. Let's get started!



I started off my look using the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer, putting that all over my lid up to the brow bone. This will ensure that your shadows won't crease- but to give it some extra staying power, I used the Neutrogena Crease Proof Eye Shadow in Constant Copper but you can use any champagne colored base (or none at all).

Now, starting with the shadows- as I mentioned before I used only the Naked 2 Palette! Starting with the shade Tease (a mid-toned mauve) and blended that lightly in the crease. This gives the look some balance because it is matte. Next I took Verve (a light silver with shimmer) and packed that on the inner half of the lid and also the inner corner. Then I took Pistol (a mid-toned grey with shimmer) and put that in the outer half of the lid and also blended it up in to the crease a bit. I also blended this onto the lower lash line to give some definition there and create a bit of a shadow.

Lastly, I used the Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil in Obsidian and drew a winged liner on. To set this and define the liner more I used Blackout (a matte black). And that's it! I love doing this light smokey eye because it can be appropriate for day or night- depending on how deep you make it!

On my lips I am wearing the CoverGirl Queen Collection Lip Color in Penelope Pink, which is just an adorable baby pink shade- I absolutely love it! Look for more posts in the series soon and have a lovely Saturday evening!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment