Saturday, November 2, 2013

non-stop November: the 5: products for natural eye makeup

Let's face it...not every morning is a glam one. On some days we need a quick routine with minimal products just to get out the door on time. Those days is what this post is for. I wanted to show you an eye look with only a few multi-tasking products, so you can still look presentable with time to spare for coffee, breakfast...or even those extra 5 minutes of sleep!


All you need for this look is 5 products, and conveniently, I have picked all drugstore ones so you can save some money at the same time. Some of these products you may have at home already, but I specifically picked these because like I mentioned before, they are multi-tasking. Going in the pictured order is the L'Oreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quad in Cuppa Joe, e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit in Ash, Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black, L'Oreal Carbon Black Double Extend Mascara and Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal Eyeshadow in Barely Branded.

I started this look with the e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit in Ash to fill in my brows using the angled liner brush. I used the wax first and then the brow powder to define them even more (pictured in top row).

I then took the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal Eyeshadow in Barely Branded and applied this all over the lid, inner corner and under the brow using my fingers. Then I used the darkest brown in the L'Oreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quad in Cuppa Joe in the outer corner and slightly in the crease with the sponge applicator provided in the palette. I also took this shade under the eye, about half way in (pictured in middle row).

Then taking the lightest shade in the quad and the brush from the brow kit, I blended out the crease. Next, I used the angled liner brush from the brow kit to apply the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black, and created a flicked liner. Lastly, I used the L'Oreal Carbon Black Double Extend Mascara to give my lashes a coat of mascara (pictured in bottom row).

This ends up being a very natural eye look that enhances your eye shape and makes your makeup complete. I would recommend this for anyone that is looking for something simple and quick! You can swap out products that you may not use, but I wanted to show you which ones I'd use if I was beginning in makeup.

I hope this was helpful to anyone that is starting out with makeup or even those who find themselves with too many products! Let me know what your typical eye makeup routine is on a daily basis in the comments below!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment