Wednesday, November 13, 2013

non-stop November: Clarisonic Mia 2 review

I know recently I have been talking a lot about my Clarisonic, and I finally wanted to get a review up! This device has been talked about so much in the beauty community, and after lusting for a long time, I finally decided to purchase one myself!

Picture courtesy of: www.dillards.com

I purchased my Clarisonic Mia 2 in Key Lime at Ulta for $150, however you can also purchase this online. Before I discuss, in detail, my opinions, I want to give all those who have never heard of this tool some information. This is a tool that deep cleanses your face and neck. It has two speeds (delicate and normal), as well as a one-minute pulsing timer. There are other models that have more or less options- depending on what you are looking for specifically. When you purchase the Mia 2, it comes with the Sensitive Brush Head (plus cap), Protective Travel Case, Universal Voltage pLink Charger and a Sample Size Cleanser.

According to the Clarisonic website, it cleanses six times better than hands alone. It can also make your skin softer and more radiant, along with increase your absorption of vitamin C by 61%. You can use it up to two times daily, however the instructions suggest that you start off with once or twice a week and build your way up, if your skin can handle it.

So, as I mentioned above, it has a pulsing timer. You move the Clarisonic in circular motions for 20 seconds on your chin area, 20 seconds on your forehead and then 10 seconds on each cheek. The device pulses when you should move on to the next area, which makes it easy to use and takes away the hassle of counting or using a timer.

Okay, now let me tell you about my experience. I purchased this in May and used it about 3 times a week in the summer, however I was not very rigid with it and would go a week sometimes without using it. I also didn't want to exfoliate my tan away, which was another reason for my inconsistency...but, as September rolled around I decided to really give this a try. I now use the Clarisonic every other day (about 85% of the time, sometimes I go every third day) and have noticed a drastic difference.

My skin feels much softer and looks clearer. I do still break out, however they are not as severe or as often- usually only hormonal, nearing "that" time of the month. I feel like I don't have as much redness, which allows me to wear lesser coverage foundations- in turn, allowing my skin to breathe more. Dry skin is flaked away much easier, which is a big help to me right now, as the seasons are changing.

I don't have much negative to say about it, besides the price. But I do think in the end it is worth it. Will this cure your acne? No, but I do think it can help. Using the Clarisonic just makes my skin feel cleaner than it ever has before, and I don't plan on changing my routine in the slightest!

I really encourage you to look up your own information on this cleansing tool! Yes, it is pricey, but your skin is something that you have to live with forever, and I think, why not have the best skin you can- which is what the Clarisonic does for you!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

2 comments:

  1. This is very interesting. I purchased a Pretika about 6 months ago and it actually made me break out more. I wonder if it is because it is a Clarisonic dupe. I definitely stopped using it after my acne got worse. Yikes! Love your posts though! Very cute and helpful :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of the Pretika, however I have heard some people say these type of skin tools follow the "it has to get worse before it gets better" principle. Sometimes people also press too hard while using the Clarisonic, which can cause the opposite of what it's supposed to do.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete