Saturday, November 16, 2013

non-stop November: sample Saturday: Lancome, Eve Lom, Guerlain

I wanted to start the "sample Saturday" series to give my thoughts about sample products that I get through beauty orders. I feel like with samples you can only get a basic idea of how you like a product, so basically I'm telling you to take these with a grain of salt.


One product I received as a sample was the Lancome Tresor Perfume. This has a very floral scent with a hint of muskyness. It borders the "old lady" type of smell so it's not something I would purchase. It does last very long and a little bit goes a long way! Personally I love trying perfume samples because I could possibly find my new favorite- and it's nice to change it up from the usual every once in a while!

The next sample is the Eve Lom Cleanser and Muslin Cloth (not shown). This was a very thick cleanser that warmed up on the skin as I smoothed it over my face, which is what the directions said to do. It has kind of a pumpkin smell which I didn't really enjoy...it wasn't horrible but not something I would prefer my cleanser to smell like. It did leave my skin feeling very soft, but other than that I really didn't notice much of a difference. I'll stick with my usual facial cleanser.

The last sample shown is the Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation with Sunscreen in 02 Beige Clair. This looked gorgeous on the skin! I do think it was a little too pink-toned for my liking (and a little too dark), but the natural finish gave me medium coverage and ended up looking flawless. You can layer this foundation to get a little more coverage without it looking heavy or cakey. It has a very thin consistency, which makes it easy to blend, and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. It does have a perfume-y scent, which I can deal with, but you'll have to decide on your own.

As for staying power, it does last all day. It could use a little bit of blotting, even with just a tissue, throughout the t-zone, but I didn't notice it breaking down much. The pictures above were taken right after application and you can see how natural, yet flawless my skin looks. I even gave a close up shot (don't judge my pores) to show you how thin it looks.

This foundation is quite expensive and the shade range is pretty limited, so I'm not sure if it is one I'll purchase- but if it's in your budget...I say go for it! I think I might go to a Sephora and see if I can get a larger sample of this because it's just lovely.

Like I mentioned at the beginning, my opinions on these products can change, but these are more of a first impression. Let me know if you use any of these products and what you think!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment