Wednesday, November 27, 2013

non-stop November: light matte smokey eye

I am a huge fan of dark shimmery smokey eyes, but sometimes I just want to take it down a notch and do something light and matte. Generally I don't like how a complete matte looks on me, but I really thought this looked beautiful!



To start off this look I primed my eyes with the Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. This will help the look stay put all day. Then I took the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk and put that all over my lid. A white primer will help the white eye shadow look brighter and stand out more. I blended that out a little bit with my fingers to make it even.

For shadows, I first used the Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude Palette and took the shade Matt Malloy in the same places I applied this jumbo eye pencil as well as in the inner corner. I used patting motions to apply this shade because it will create the most opaque color. Then I took the L'Oreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow in Cuppa Joe and applied the top color in the crease to act as a guideline. 

Next going back to the Balm palette, I took the shades Matt Garcia and Matt Wood and applied those in my crease with a fluffy brush VERY VERY lightly. These shadows are very pigmented, so lightly tap the tip of your brush in them and go back for more if the look needs it. Then I took those same two colors onto the lower lash line using a pencil brush. Again, you want this to be pretty light.

For liner, I used the Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil in Obsidian to create a general shape and then a black matte shadow to perfect the line. This gives the look some smokey-ness without looking too intense- I have really been loving this technique lately! I also lined my water line with the Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude to brighten the eyes up even further.

To complete the look I applied my mascara and also decided to go with falsies! I used the Revlon Fantasy Lengths Maximum Wear Eyelashes in the style Flirty. These are only a little bit longer than my natural lashes and are practically even in the middle and the outer corner. A style like this is a little bit more appropriate for daytime.

I hope you enjoyed this look, it was definitely a little something different for me. I do see myself wearing this look again though because it is daytime appropriate but still nice for "fancier" occasions!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment