Sunday, November 4, 2012

non-stop November: trash talk: episode 1

As you might infer with the title, I had wanted to do a month full of blog posts (that's 30 posts!) but with the hurricane on the east coast, missing school, taking in friends and all the other things that have been going on in my life I just wasn't able to post last week. However, I still wanted to do "non-stop November" so I decided to just continue from today on. I'll try to make up the 3 days I missed so it truly will be a full month of posts for y'all!

I hope everyone has been handling the aftermath of the hurricane well. I know many peoples' houses got destroyed and possibly lost family and friends, my heart really goes out to all of you. My family back in Jersey didn't have power for 5 days and some of my friends here in CT also lost power. Luckily I was so fortunate that my campus didn't hit too badly and had power the whole time. I wish a safe recovery for all of you! It's a bit hart to justify writing this post when there are so many people who have lost so much, but I think if there are people who do enjoy reading my posts, they would want a distraction from what has been happening.

My first post of non-stop November is about all the products that I have used up! I only wanted to do a few (max. 5) because I actually want to give a review about the products and not just list them- obviously I also didn't want this post to be HUGE.


One of the first products that I used up was Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. Let me just say that it took forever and all my friends said I am probably the first person to finish a chapstick without losing it! I love this chapstick, especially the tingling feeling that it gives. I admit that it's not for everyone, but if you do like that minty tingle then I suggest buying this. At about $3 this isn't exactly a "cheap" chapstick but sometimes at TJ Maxx and other discount stores you can find multi-packs for cheaper than normal prices.

The second product I used up was the Bare Escentuals Prime Time Foundation Primer. This was a sample that I received with a kit from them and it lasted forever- I have to add that I stopped using it for a while, but it really did take me a long time to finish it. This really kept my foundation lasting and looking flawless, so I really don't have any complaints about it. I'm not really one to buy face primers because I always seem to get samples with kits and as of now I haven't tried one that I disliked yet. If you noticed in the picture, I cut the tube in half because even though you can't squeeze any more product out there is still so much in there that people don't realize! (That's advice for anyone throwing out their products early- I got about 10 plus uses after cutting it in half!)

I also finished up the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Illuminating, which I really enjoyed. This is probably one of the products I will repurchase once my no makeup buying phase is over. It is the perfect light shade for my skin tone and really brightens up my under eye area. I used this under my foundation and it was light enough to show through a bit but not so my skin was two noticeably different colors. It also had a nice pink tone which was great for neutralizing my bags and under eye circles. Loved this a lot!

The next two products were face products. I can't say I really enjoyed either of them. The 
CVS Cleansing and Makeup Remover Towelettes were okay, they took off my make up but were a bit abrasive for my skin. I didn't like the snap top because the glue came loose from the wipes. I think baby wipes have worked better for me than this...The next finished product was the Clean & Clear Dual Action Skin Moisturizer. Alone, I cannot use this moisturizer because it burns my skin too much and has a very menthol skin. It is supposed to clear pimples, but it hasn't really done that. I use it combined with a more oil based moisturizer just to keep my skin clear and just hope that some of it's acne fighting properties might work!

So there you have my used up products round 1! It's not much but if you were possibly wondering about any of these products, you have a mini review right here.

Always stay happy, healthy and safe! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment