Tuesday, November 27, 2012

non-stop November: the 5: red lipsticks

For today's post I wanted to let y'all know about my favorite red lipsticks! I personally do prefer nude or pink lips, but a classic red lip is unbeatable sometimes. It is important to know what your perfect red is because it can be a bold, classic look. Here are some that I like:


From left to right: Avon Extra Lasting Lipstick in Forever Burgundy, Rimmel Moisture Renew Lip Colour in Berry Queen, NYC Ultra Moist Lip Wear in Sheer Red, bareMinerals Pretty Amazing Lip Stain in Rouge and Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Are You Red-dy. If I had to pick an absolute favorite I would chose the bareMinerals lipstick. I love how it goes on! It is so creamy and has the perfect red color. I also love how it wears off! It is a stain but the top layer washes off somewhat after a few hours of wear. I think the best color is the one that shows once it has worn off a bit.

All of these are fairly long lasting, with the exception of the NYC lipstick. It is a sheer-er red, but a beautiful one, nevertheless. You can see the swatches of the lipsticks in the same order I named them, below. On the left side is natural inside lighting, and on the right side is inside light and flash.




I have worn all of these to games and they do photograph well. I suggest you try the one that best matches your skin tone, but I would honestly say they can be worn by anyone! I hoped this helped any of you looking for a great red lipstick! What are your favorite reds? Let me know in the comment section below!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) 

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment