Thursday, November 8, 2012

non-stop November: brown matte eye

Some pictures in this post were lost. I apologize if that makes this post difficult to understand, however I didn't want to delete it so you would still be able to refer to it.

I love shimmer eyeshadows. Especially in the tear duct and on the brow bone, they really make your eyes pop! Sometimes though, I get tired of the fall out so I wanted to try something a bit more matte. I used mainly cool browns with a warm brown a bit above the crease to just warm up the look, and I'm really happy with how it turned out!


I only used two palettes, one a drugstore and the other a high end one, but it really is just about matching the colors with something you may have at home. First I put on a shadow primer- I have to use it so my shadow doesn't crease. I then took the lightest color in the Maybelline Expert Wear Quad in Natural Smokes. It is a very light cream color that I used on the third inner part of my eye and on my brow bone. I then took the color Naked from the Urban Decay Naked palette and put that on the inner half of my eye. This is a light brown that is a few tones darker than my natural skin color. I then took Buck, also in the Naked palette, and put that on the outer third of my eye- concentrating on the lower part of the crease and outer corner. Next, I took the liner color in the Maybelline palette and used it darken up my crease and then the outer "v". Lastly, I used the coppery brown color in the Wet n' Wild ColorIcon Baked Eyeshadow in Bake-Off Contest! to warm up the crease and so that I wasn't always using cool colors. (I added a picture of about where I placed each shadow, below.)


I really liked the way this eye look turned out and the only thing was that it required a lot of blending. The colors all went on very easily. I then just added liquid liner and pounds of mascara, as I usually do.

Are you more likely to wear shimmery eye shadows or matte ones? What are your favorite eye looks right now and what products do you use? Let me know in the comment section below!

Stay happy and healthy (and safe through this Nor'Easter) ! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment