Tuesday, November 20, 2012

non-stop November: not so favorite products

Sometimes, no matter how you try to make a product work, it just doesn't. These are a few products that I tried to like but they just didn't make the cut for me.

First product on the list is Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream for Light/Medium skin. Aside from being very light and having a very select shade range, I think this product does nothing that it claims. It is definitely not for oily skin, so that rules out that skin type also. Also, anyone with acne prone skin shouldn't use this either because it made me broke out like crazy! Even after only a day's use. I wish it would have worked for me since I was in the market for a great tinted moisturizer...but no.


My next non-favorite is Benefit Posietint. Although I do like the color, I am not fond of the product itself. I tried applying it how I normally would a blush, and it seemed to just wipe my foundation off. Then I tried applying it under my foundation, but it just got covered up. I know you are supposed to apply this with fingers, but I wonder if a brush may work better? Maybe a stippling brush? I wish I did like it, because the color is very nice.

The next product fail is not necessarily because of the product itself. I purchased the e.l.f. Studio Daily Brush Cleaner when it first came out and was so surprised to receive a huge bottle. It lasted me such a long time and was perfect for spot cleaning my brushes. I love the formula and it also has a scent that I enjoy. Well I ordered this again and was not pleased to open my package and receive the mini bottle that I did. I was really disappointed because for basically soap water, I though they would send out the big bottle. I thought at first it was a mistake, but on the website it shows it carries 2 something fluid ounces...just sort of a disappointment.

Lastly, is a product that was highly talked about in the beauty community, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Crème Compact. I was able to receive a good sized sample of this through a Sephora purchase. I have never tried the actual liquid tinted moisturizer but hear only good things about it. I felt like this was somewhat drying and looked a bit cakey at times. I also had to worry about any dry patches, because this clinged to them like crazy. Overall I would just say this is an "eh" product. I used it up because I didn't want to chuck it but it wasn't exactly amazing.

Are any of these products your favorites? Am I using them wrong? Let me know your opinion on these products and whether or not they have worked for you. Leave a comment below!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment