Sunday, November 18, 2012

non-stop November: challenge end

So as you may know from a post a while back, I was doing a no make up buying challenge. I lasted two whole months without buying make up and I have to admit, I was very proud of myself for that. I wouldn't necessarily say that my make up buying is out of control but sometimes I find it hard to not buy make up. This has definitely made me realize that I can do it and that it isn't as difficult as I had thought it would be.

I actually went a few days longer, but when I came home this weekend there was a few things I wanted to purchase. They are all drugstore products. One of my favorite purchases is the Revlon ColorStay Brow Enhancer in Light Brown. It is a dual ended brow pencil with an highlight on the other end. The pencil is the perfect consistency because it is waxy and tinted at the same time. I have been interested in a product like this because I am a little annoyed with having to use a clear brow gel over my brow pencil.

I also bought the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Shade 10. I haven't tried this yet so I couldn't give you an accurate impression, but I read many reviews about this concealer and thought I should give it a try.

A third product I bought was Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe. I already have one in Bad to the Bronze and love it. This is a gray brown shade that you can wear alone or use as a base for other shadows. It is very long lasting and has a creamy consistency. There is really nothing negative to say about this product.

The last thing I bought was NYX Round Lipstick in Summer Love. It is a nude pink shade. I didn't wear it out yet, but did swatch it on my lips. It is very similar to Circe. I will probably do a side by side swatch in a later post so you can compare them.

Overall, I was very satisfied with my purchases. I didn't want to go absolutely crazy but just purchase a few things that I have been wanting for a while. I plan to make one more trip to buy some drugstore make up, but only a few things. I will keep y'all updated on any new purchases I make and give little reviews about the products, similar to what I have done here. Let me know if you have any questions about the products in the comment section below!

Stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment