Wednesday, November 28, 2012

non-stop November: Stila In the Light Palette

One of the samples I got from my Sephora purchases was the Stila In the Light Palette. I have gotten a Stila eyeshadow sample before and I was thorougly surprised at not only how pigmented and soft the shadows were but the size of the sample. I obviously was only able to get about 5 uses from them, but that was much more than I expected!

When I got this sample and saw all the neutral nude colors, I was very very excited! I tried some of the shades and they all look really beautiful. One of my favorite shades is the first one, which is called Bare. I used this all over my lid with Bliss in the crease. Bare is almost like creamy light brown, while Bliss is a mid-tone brown.

Bare gave the most beautiful brightening to my eyes and throughout the day I just kept noticing how open and wide my eyes looked. I paired it with some black liquid liner and lots of mascara.

I have somewhat been contemplating getting this shadow, depending on how much I like the other shades. However, as I looked up the palette online, it looks so cheap. The shadows are obviously still the same quality, but it is made out of cardboard. At $40 that isn't so worth the price. All you get with it is an eyeliner.

I am still on the fence about this palette. I really like the colors, but it just doesn't seem worth it to me. I didn't see that they made this shade on its own, but I think I could possibly live without it. The rest of the shades seem like they would be some I could find in either my Urban Decay Naked and Naked 2 palettes or Lorac Pro palette.

What do y'all think? Have you tried this palette before? Do you enjoy the Stila eyeshadows? Let me know in the comment section below!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment