Sunday, November 18, 2012

non-stop November: favorite hair products

I want to apologize for the way "non-stop November" has been going. I had wanted to blog every day, but it has been more of a non-stop school work type of thing. It seemed like everything came at me all at once. I really am planning on making up for the days that I missed, so even if there isn't a post every day there will be 30 posts for the 30 days of November. Hopefully from here on out, I can keep up the dedication to blog every day!

As you can tell with the title, today I am going to be talking about all my favorite hair products! If you have any questions about my hair type, you can look at the "my make up profile" tab. If you still have questions. So basically, after I get out of the shower I try to leave it in a hair wrap as long as I can. When I am ready to blow dry my hair, I first use a mousse at the roots to get some volume. One that I have been enjoying lately is Kür Styling Mousse. It is a German brand that I picked up at Aldi when I was there. I know US Aldis have their own brand of styling products that I have not tried yet, so I couldn't tell you if they are similar. The great thing about this is that it is very light weight, so it doesn't feel too built up or sticky. I then use about a nickel sized amount Chi Silk Infusion on the middle and ends of my hair. I try not to get it in the roots because it is an oil based products and I want to keep any oils away from my scalp to keep my hair clean as long as I can.

Then I start to blow dry my hair and brush it at the same time. I don't want to brush my hair while it's wet in case there are a lot of tangles. Once I have finished blow drying, I brush my hair once through with a paddle brush.

Skip to when I actually want to style my hair and I try to use a heat spray. I have been using John Frieda Frizz Ease Heat Defense Protective Styling Spray. I find that this sometimes can make my hair crispy when I am flat-ironing it, but overall it is a pretty good product. I really only flat-iron my hair 2-3 times a week so I am probably not the best judge on whether this really protects your hair from heated styling tools.

Once I am trying to set my style, I like to use Kür Styling Hairspray. This also has a light hold, which I do enjoy most of the time. It also has the most delightful smell, and I really wish they would create a perfume with this scent because it is just delicious. I also like to use TRESemme Tres Two Hairspray because it gives a heavier hold and keeps your hair in place. I don't necessarily enjoy the smell that much, but it definitely does the job.

In between washings, when my hair gets a bit oily, I like to use Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo. This is probably one of the best ones I have tried. It does leave a bit of a white finish, but I have blonde hair so it doesn't bother me. It works so amazingly and makes my hair look exactly like I just washed it. The scent is very strong and floral so I would suggest doing this way before you leave your hair if you plan on putting on perfume. It isn't a bad smell, just very tropical.

One last product that I use sometimes, when I want to add a lot of extra shine to my hair is Garnier Fructis Style Brilliantine Shine Glossing Spray. I just spritz it on my paddle brush and then comb it through my hair. It makes my hair shiny and glossy, but it is an oil product so you have to be careful about putting on too much. I think it adds the perfect touch, especially when you know the sun will be shining on your hair.

Those are all my favorite hair products that I use. It isn't much, but I like to keep my routine simple to cut down on the time it takes and also the build up I will have. When it comes to shampoo and conditioner, my mom generally buys what is on sale (she has gotten everything from TRESemme to John Frieda). I don't really have a preference on any. If you have any questions about the products, leave them in the comment section below!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment