Friday, November 23, 2012

non-stop November: black Friday

Yes, I was one of those crazy people that went shopping yesterday at midnight. Well actually, we left the house around 9:15 pm. Our point of going out was not to snag the hottest electronics and deals, it was more for the experience- we weren't looking to spend boat loads of money.

My sister and her two friends came along, and we started our long shopping process at Walmart. We started walking towards the store and saw the line...let's just say we decided it wasn't worth it. We were looking for a mini fridge since my sister is dorming next semester, along with a small vacuum and some pants for my mom. We decided to order everything online instead.

Our next stop was the mall. A mall around us opened up at midnight and because we ended up not going to Walmart we were quite early- an hour and a half to be exact. So we waited for a while in the car and around 11 pm they opened the doors to the mall. We scouted out the stores we wanted to go to and decided to start with Sephora. They had $10 deals and at midnight I ended up getting two of the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powders with Real Cocoa.

The next store we went to was Old Navy and the line was terribly long! They did have really nice fleece full and half zip-ups for $9 and $5, respectively. My sister ended up getting the full zip-up in a hot pink color along with a few other things. I really liked them but didn't think I would wear it often so I decided to skip out.

Next stop was Express, and I ended up getting a black pair of capri leggings and a loose blouse. Everything was 50% off so in terms of Express clothes that was a steal. I wish I had went in to Express earlier to try on the pants so I could grab the size I wanted and go. I really did like how the dress pants looked, but it would have been too much of a hassle to try clothes on. I would say I waited a solid 45 minutes online.

My sister also looked at Hollister but the lines were way too long there. At about 2 am, we decided we had enough. It wasn't the shopping per se that made me tired, more like the non-existent AC in a lot of the stores. I was sweating just waiting on line!

I must admit that I was somewhat disappointed at the deals offered. The 50% off was nice but other stores only offered deals on one or two items- like Victoria's Secret, which we also went into. I am really happy with the purchases I made but overall I think it could have been a lot better.

I hope y'all had an enjoyable Thanksgiving and a successful black Friday (if you went out)! What deals did you get? Or did you opt to stay at home? Leave a comment in the section below!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment