Wednesday, November 28, 2012

non-stop November: Sephora Tinted Self-Tanning Body Mist

As you may know from my recent Sephora haul I bought the Sephora Tinted Self-Tanning Body Mist. After reading a few reviews I thought this was worth the shot and I needed something to get me free shipping. While I was home for Thanksgiving break, I thought I would give it a try since I could spend some time inside if it looked very bad.

I have only tried this two times, but I really like the color! It looks really natural, even for someone like me with very pale skin in the winter. Although I did not spray it by myself I am currently experimenting with the best way to do it- my mom sprayed me in the shower.

These are the things I did to prepare myself to get spray-tanned. I showered and used a light exfoliating body wash to get all the dead skin off my body- not exfoliating can lead to streaks and blotchiness. After I was done showering, I made sure to keep my hair covered but moisturize my body completely so I wasn't spraying this on dry skin. Lastly, I just had my mom spray me in the bath tub, stomach side first and then turned around for my back. For legs and arms I did kind of a slow turning motion so all sides would get covered. I also did my face and neck, but very lightly. I then let it dry for a few moments and put on loose dark clothing.

I think this is a great at home spray-tan for people doing it themselves. It lasts about 3-5 days before having to reapply, but it is definitely buildable. I just wanted some color on my legs, back and arms since I do have to wear a white uniform for basketball games. I haven't had any problems with it rubbing on to clothes, but I will keep y'all updated on that. It also dries fairly quickly and doesn't have too terrible of a scent, which is more than I can say for some lotions and other sprays.

I think I will do a follow-up post on this to keep everyone in the know about how to best apply this on your own and whether I see a difference once sweating. Let me know if you have tried this spray and what you think of it/how you personally apply it!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment