Monday, November 5, 2012

non-stop November: facial cleansers

When you are wearing make up every day, getting your face completely clean is VERY important. I have two cleansers/face washes that I use, one being a soap that I use every night and morning, and the other is a scrub that I use every 3 or so days. 

This might sound weird, but what I use to wash my face at night and in the morning is Dove Bar Soap. It leaves my face feeling clean and soft. It took me a little bit of time to get used to the scent that it has, but now I don't even notice it any more. The way I usually do this in the morning is splash water on my face and then lather my hands in the bar and then apply that to my face in circular motions. At night, I splash water on my face also, apply the lathered soap on my hands and wash my face. I then wash off the soap and then repeat this process again. I do it twice at night because I want to make sure that all my make up is washed off and sometimes certain products can be a bit stubborn.
I used to use a face gel or wash with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide in it, but I honestly feel like this does the job exactly the same! Not to mention, this version is MUCH cheaper and found in all drugstores and grocery stores!

The scrub, or exfoliant that I use, is the St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackhead Control. There is another version of the St. Ives Apricot Scrub but they are different. The size and density of the exfoliant is different. I like this one more because it is course enough to give my skin a deep cleanse without ripping off my face. Sometimes I feel like scrubs and exfoliators do that, and the feeling is never comfortable. CVS also makes a generic brand which works just as well. I can't tell a difference in either one and I generally tend to buy the one that is cheaper- saving some bucks right there! Because I only use it about 2 or 3 times max during the week, it lasts a pretty long time! Whether or not it really clears blackheads, I can't be so sure about, but I use it just knowing it is deep cleaning my skin.


Let me know if you have tried either of these products and how you like them in the comment section below! What innovative and cheap facial cleansers do you use and how do they work for you?

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment