Wednesday, November 28, 2012

non-stop November: beauty samples

As I have mentioned several times now, I got lots of great samples with my Sephora orders. I am going to have to divide this into two or more posts since there really were that many!


Going from left to right, here are my thoughts about these products:

Philosophy Take a Deep Breath Oil-Free Energizing Oxygen Gel Cream Moisturizer- (rant: why do these companies have to make such long names? how do they expect you to recommend this product to your friends if you can't remember the darn name?) there isn't enough product in this to really make a true impression, but first I know I don't like the smell. It is moisturizing but nothing special. Couldn't even tell you how much it costs, but considering it's Philosophy, it's probably more than what you would pay at the drugstore.

Too Faced Shadow Insurance- I honestly think all eye primers work pretty much the same. I really enjoy it, just as much as any previous ones I have used.

Per-fekt Skin Perfection Gel in Radiant- I don't know what this is. That's all I have to say. I don't know if it's a primer or a tinted moisturizer? It says on the back that it's supposed to "reduce the appearance of redness, enlarged pores and fine lines. It can be layered for buildable coverage." That I don't agree with. You would have to use a whole tube to cover anything. As a primer it works fine, I guess, but I'm not quite sure what people use this for. If you use it, let me know what you do with it, because I'm so curious!

Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil- this was beautiful. It was like oil in my hands and once I rubbed it on my face it heated a little and felt like a tiny massage. I was surprised at how easily it washed off and how it made my face feel. I actually wouldn't mind buying this to use once in a while as a little self-spa day.

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster- I probably have no need for this. I don't have too many wrinkles, and even if this small sample wouldn't be enough to notice a difference. All I can say is that I don't like the smell- I expected citrus...

Stila In the Light Palette- I talked about this sample in a full review, which you can see if you click here.

Hopefully this little review was helpful if you were thinking about getting any of these products! Are any of these products so amazing that a sample can't encompass their brilliance? Let me know in the comment section below!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment