Wednesday, November 28, 2012

non-stop November: muted smokey eye

Some pictures in this post were lost. I apologize if that makes this post difficult to understand, however I didn't want to delete it so you would still be able to refer to it.

I had a game a while back and remember being in a rush. I wanted to do a smokey eye but keep it light and quick. I only used 3 shadows, so the key to this look was mostly blending.


First, I used NYX Single Eye Shadow in Aloha all over the lid. I made sure to make this very visible and sparkly. I wanted to keep the whole eyelid light, minus the outer corner.

Next, I used the Lorac Starry-Eyed Baked Eye Shadow Trio in Superstar. These are baked shadows that can be used wet or dry. I used the darkest color in the outer corner and carried it into the crease. I started out with very minmal product and kept adding more while blending in between. This is really key to keep the look flawless and not have any harsh lines. The best way to blend this out is with a clean fluffy brush and using windshield wiper motions. I then used the same dark shadow on an eyeliner brush. I applied this very close to my lash line and kept reapplying until the line was dark enough for me.

The last step is to put on some mascara and falsies. I used the e.l.f. ones because they are cheap and work for me.

You can see that this adds some drama without being overly done during the day. Like I said above, they key really is to keep blending until you have the desired effect you want- I know it's tedious, but the end result is definitely worth it!

Stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment