Tuesday, November 20, 2012

non-stop November: mid-month favorites

Although I usually do a monthly favorites post, I had to share my mid-month favorites with y'all because I just have been loving them! They are all makeup related, and two of the three are drugstore products. So let's get going!



First, I have loved the L'Oreal ColourRiche Caresse Lipstick in Merino Muave (184). I mentioned this in my post about my favorite nude lipsticks. I just find it to be the perfect pink color on days when I don't want my lips to be absolutely nude. I also love that you can be wearing completely natural make up and it won't look over done. It has a great texture and feels soft and buttery on the lips. I do suggest exfoliating your lips before putting it on.

Another product I have loved is the Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup. I love this foundation, maybe even more than the original one. I have the color Sand Beige (200). It has a beautiful whipped texture that feels smooth and soft on the skin. Coverage is medium to heavy and can be buildable, but I also feel that it can be sheered out. I would definitely recommend it to everyone! If you have extremely dry skin, this could be potentially flaky on you but it is something that moisturizer could fix. I have been applying this with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush, which could just as well be part of this since I use it every day. I love it!

Lastly, I have been really liking the Mally Beauty One Kit Blush in Plum Pretty. My sister got this for me for my birthday and at first I wasn't too enthused about the color. It has a rosy plum color that I didn't think would suit me that much. I have trouble getting product on any brush I use, but once I do get some color it is absolutely stunning. It is a great nude plum color with a hint of pink. It fits my criteria for a great nude blush to wear with a dark smokey eye, even though the color in the packaging would lead you to think otherwise. When you swatch it, it has the slightest sheen but is practically invisible when applied to the cheeks.

So those are my favorites half-way through November- maybe a bit more than half. I don't think I'll mention these in my monthly favorites, just because that would be boring. If you have any questions about these products or suggestions for more blog posts, let me know in the comment section below!

Stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment