Wednesday, December 11, 2013

candied plums eye look

I wasn't planning on taking an almost two week hiatus, but the weather along with some personal things left me no time to blog- so I'm squeezing this in now since today NJ had some sunny weather. And because this weather was so dull lately, I wanted to do this colorful eye look that is a bit out of my comfort zone!



Like always, I started off this look by priming my eyes and I used the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer. This will make the shadows stand out more and keep them from creasing. As for shadows, I used the Too Faced Shadow Bon Bons Palette, but you can use any similar colors you have in your collection since it was a limited edition holiday palette from last year.

Starting off with a matte off-white, which is Vanilla in the palette, I put this in the inner corner of my eye and under the brow to highlight these areas. I didn't want this to be too stark because of the other colors I was using. Next I used the shade Cut the Cake, which is a matte lilac, and patted that all over the lid. I wanted this to be very concentrated so I layered this quite a bit. To give the crease some definition and a pop of color I used Candy Rose, a light pink with gold sparkles, in the crease. I wanted this to show through but not be obnoxious so I took this a bit higher in the crease and concentrated the color a bit more. Lastly, I took Framboise, a deep shimmery lilac, and patted that in to the outer-v and also took it up to the crease. This just gives your eye some more definition and completes the look. I also took this shade under the eye to line the lower lashes. To brighten that lilac color up a bit more, I went back in with Cut the Cake and patted that over the areas I had originally put it.

I then lined my eyes with the Lorac Front of the Line Pro and created a flick. I think this look would be really beautiful and more whimsical if you lined your upper lash line with a kohl liner and then blended it out with a black eye shadow...but I was running out of time! For my mascara, I used the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes- which I have been really liking, may I add.

Pink is not typically a color I go for in terms of shadows so I was surprised to see how well this look pulled together. I really like it! I think if you make the colors more intense this could look beautiful for a night out- I was just going to work and didn't want to overdo it!

I hope you enjoyed this look and I wish you much success recreating it! Comment with pictures, if you'd like! Talk to you soon.

Stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment