Friday, March 1, 2013

new Neutrogena cosmetics

So some of you may have noticed that there a bunch of new Neutrogena products in store, and since I am a BzzAgent member I was sent some of them to test out. I explained BzzAgent in this post in a little more detail, if you want more information- I suggest everyone join! So there were 4 products that I received and tested out.


So on the left are the Crease Proof Eye Shadow in Lasting Taupe and Constant Copper. The colors are beautiful! I also loved the consistency of these- they glide on like a cream and then dry to somewhat of a powder finish. I was a little bit skeptical about the "crease proof" part but after trying it out, I was really impressed. I wouldn't say they don't crease at all (after about 7 hours of wear, there was only creasing in my natural crease line) but they do last a long time. Some of the pigmentation gets lost throughout the day but I usually top my cream products with a powder anyway so I don't think it would be a problem if you did. I really did enjoy these!

Next is the MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Sweet Watermelon. Not only does this have a great fruity scent but it feels so soft and creamy on the lips, while still being very pigmented! I have heard people rave about these and couldn't wait to try! These are not meant to stain your lips so I wouldn't really compare them to the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains. I can't wait to try out new shades!

Last, but not least was the Healthy Lengths Mascara. From my understanding, there was a previous version of this which was then discontinued. I feel so bad saying this, especially since I really enjoyed the shadow and color stick, but this mascara sucked. First off, I am not sure if mine was defective or what, but it did not come with one of those stoppers to get most of the product off...so my wand came out with a huge wad of mascara on it.


Once I put this on my lashes I just thought, okay, I could probably work with this. I finished my makeup and went on to class. I then sneezed and squeezed my eyes shut, and had to force them open. Why, you ask? Because the mascara still hadn't dried and was basically gluing my top and bottom lashes together. Even after an HOUR the mascara still wasn't fully dry. I guess if you like very flexible mascaras, this one is optimal for you.

As for the lengthening part, it was all right. Not anything I couldn't achieve with something else. I might just end up throwing this away because I can't deal with drying time (I mean come on, that's just ridiculous).

Overall some great products- minus the mascara. Have you tried any of these Neutrogena products? Which ones did you like? Did I get a botched mascara or was yours like this too? Let me know in the comments below!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment