Saturday, September 29, 2012

game day make up: 9.29

Some pictures in this post were lost. I apologize if that makes this post difficult to understand, however I didn't want to delete it so you would still be able to refer to it.

Today I had a game against the University at Buffalo and decided to try a new eye look. (UConn won, by the way, for anyone curious!) I usually use a mixture of different browns, but wanted to try some grays and black. Here is what I came up with:

The lower left picture is in natural day light and the picture at the top left is with artificial light. It was quite easy to do and I think this is a nice way for me to use black without it looking overpowering. I used my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and a single eyeshadow by a brand called Catrice. I bought this in Germany and haven't found a place in the US that sells it yet. The color name is Starlight Expresso. I have heard that this is similar to MAC Copperplate, however I have never personally swatched those shadows next to each other, so I'm not sure how well they compare. 



I started by using Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer since I have very oily lids and no powder eyeshadow can hold as long as I need it to on game days. I used the color Verve, a light silver, on the first two-thirds of my lid and then blended Pistol, a medium silver, to the outer third of my eye and a bit onto Verve. I then used Catrice Absolute Eye Colour in Starlight Espresso on my crease and outer corner. I wanted this to be pretty dark, so I layered it several times. I also applied this to the outside third of my lower lash line. This is a slate matte gray with a hint of purple (the picture does not do it justice, it is truly a beautiful color). Lastly, I blended a bit of Blackout onto my outer crease and also put this on lower lash line. All that was left is eyeliner and mascara. I used liquid eyeliner and made a slight wing. As for mascara, well you know, I put on pounds of that.

The blush I used is Wet n' Wild Color Icon Blusher in Heather Silk. I mentioned this in my favorite blushes post, and I just think it looks lovely with these colors! This look was so easy and I hope you get to try it using colors you have in your make up collection! 

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina



other posts mentioned:

No comments:

Post a Comment