Sunday, September 9, 2012

nails of the day

Lately, I have been experimenting with nail polish colors. Now let me start by saying that I am not a "colorful" person. My clothes are pretty much neutral colors, with maybe one or two tops that I bought because I was trying to incorporate something that wasn't black, white or gray. So obviously, this trend generally continues to my nails...until now. I have been stepping out of my comfort zone and been rocking colored nails. I am starting slow, in the green/blue zone. So these were my most out-there nails yet.

       

Pictured you see the nails in different lights. I think this is a really cool nail polish because it does look like different shades in different types of settings. The first is natural light (no flash, taken around 1 pm), the second with flash during the evening (around 9 pm) and the third, under a lamp with no flash (around 9 pm). The first picture is the most true to color.

I've built this nail polish up without even listing the name! The nail polish is by Color Club in the color Age of Aquarius. I think it is one of the cheaper brands (I couldn't say the exact price because I received it in my monthly Birchbox subscription, which I do not recommend, by the way), so definitely worth the money if you like the color.

As for more details:

  • the color glides on nicely and has a good thick formula. Pictured are the color after 2 coats, however, one thick coat would suffice. It is almost like a gel formulation.
  • the brush is a traditional one (which I personally like best because I have small nails/hands).
  • I like the finish without a top coat (a bit shiny), but you could use one for more added shine.
  • after the 3rd day I still had no chips (unfortunately I started to pick at my nail polish after that, so I can't say how much longer it would have lasted).
  • removal was also easy, which is a big plus!
Overall, I think this is a great polish! I look forward to trying more from this brand. If you have any colors from this brand that you love, or any great colors in general let me know in the comment box!


Stay happy and healthy :)

Tschüss, Katharina

PS. I just ordered nail polishes from a brand called KleanColor and am waiting for them to come in. Have you tried anything from this brand and do you like it?

Also, if you have a perfect french manicure pink, feel free to leave that in a comment too! I'm pretty picky with that am looking for the perfect one!

PPS. I recently found out from a friend that works in the nail polish industry that L'Oreal owns Essie and they use the same formulation for both. So if you find a color that is sold in both brands, pick up the L'Oreal one to save some extra bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment