Wednesday, September 19, 2012

how I fill in my brows

I have a love/hate relationship with filling in eyebrows. Sometimes I think they look so beautiful and yet other times they look fake and overdone to me. I do agree that eyebrows are an important feature to the face, and can really change the way you look. There are countless videos, blog posts, tutorials, etc. telling you how to fill in your brows and they are very informational, however I wanted to tell you a little bit about how I fill in my eyebrows because I feel that my way is a little bit unconventional.

First, I want to tell you what kind of brows I have and what I do in terms of maintenance and grooming. I have thing brow hairs but they are long. At the front, my hairs stand straight up and then slowly start to grow sideways. Towards my arch they get thinner and there are some spots where the hairs no longer grow. You will see in the picture that I have a slight arch, but nothing too high (personally, I think this keeps my youth and helps my brows from looking overdrawn). I usually wax my own brows every 3-4 weeks using small cold wax strips that you can find at any drugstore. I also trim them every two weeks or so and pluck sparse hairs daily. If I have to attend an event and am between brow waxing I use a brow razor just to get the blond peach-fuzz hairs to make my brow bone more smooth.


Now that you know all that, let me tell you what tools I use (I haven't really developed an opinion on these brow products because I see my myself as a fill-in-brow novice). For color I use the Catrice Eyebrow Designer in the color Date with Ashton. This is just a taupe-blonde color that is my perfect eyebrow color. When selecting the right color for you (using my method) it is important that the color matches your natural eyebrow hair color- you will see why later. I also use the Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara (you can find this at ULTA) but any clear or colored brow gel, in your brow color, will do.


So basically what I do is comb my brows into the correct shape and then fill them in from the arch towards the outer end. I extend the "tail" of the brow if I have to. This is why a pencil in your natural brow color is so important! I am only filling in half the eyebrow, concentrating on the areas where my hairs are sparse. I use the spooly on the other side of the pencil to comb through them and then shape them how I wish them to sit. Lastly, I just take my clear brow gel to set them in place.

I think this is a really easy brow routine and takes only a minute! I love this method because I can still fill in my brows without looking like I am overly done up- this is especially good since I only wear minimal make up to class and not a full face. Do you use any products on your brows? Or do you let them go natural? Let me know in the comment section!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment