Friday, September 21, 2012

the 5: favorite blushes

Let's just say that blush is not my favorite part in my make up routine. I know blush is important but I just can't seem to get into it, like I do with other areas of my make up. I find myself gravitating towards the same colors but I decided, what the heck, why not make a my favorite blushes blog post! You will probably notice that they all share similar characteristics and aren't anything too crazy. The blush I name third is my absolute favorite, but the other ones are in no particular order. So let's go!

taken without flash (from left to right)
The first blush is called NYX Cream Blush in the color Natural. I think the packaging is so adorable and reminds me of MAC. It is a red pink cream blush that gives the "just pinched cheeks" look, especially when applied with a stippling brush. It has a dewy finish, but I like to apply a translucent powder over it so it can set, since I have somewhat oily skin. This is perfect for a really natural look or even for a dark smokey eye. The formulation is so creamy and applies without effort. At about $7 this is  a great blush for any look.

taken by window
The next blush is one of the brightest colors I have. This is Wet n' Wild Color Icon Blusher in Heather Silk. It is a gorgeous true pink with the slightest hint of magenta. It is a powder blush but blends effortlessly and is very pigmented. You can tone it down by adding only a little or spice it up by having bright pink cheeks. I think this is great for a day when you are wearing a very natural eye to let your cheeks pop! This is so affordable, at about $3, and would absolutely recommend you pick this up!

This is my absolute favorite blush. I have been looking for this color as long as I have been wearing make up. This is Lorac Blush in Soul. To me this is the perfect combination between a bronzer and blush. It has a brown undertone with a slight hint of pink. I love this blush for every occasion, but especially when I have a lot of eye make up on. It has the slightest bit of shimmer, which I usually don't like, but it is almost invisible. Even though it costs $20, I think this is worth it. I bought it part of a set, but I will repurchase this blush over and over again (once my challenge is over that is!)

I kind of have a love/hate relationship with this blush. It is MAC Blusher in BlushBaby. The color looks like a slight lighter version of the Lorac Blush with a bit more of a blue undertone. I think the color is gorgeous and I would the blush so much more if it was more pigmented. I always hear such good things about MAC products but this one kind of disappoints me. It's also $20 and if you had to choose, I would say go with the Lorac one. I do really enjoy the color, I just wish there was more pigmentation.

Lastly is the Wet n' Wild Color Icon Blusher in Mellow Wine. This is a deep pink, almost reddish color blush that can also be used to contour your cheek bones. It is so pigmented and gives a beautiful color to your cheeks. I think mixing the two Wet n' Wild blushes together would be a perfect combo!

I hope this aids you in finding the perfect blush for any of your looks! What blushes are your favorites? Do you use any of the ones here? Leave a comment below letting me know!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment