Tuesday, September 25, 2012

my bad beauty habits

So just like most of us, I have bad beauty habits too. (If you don't have any, then I am so jealous of you!) Breaking them is difficult, but I like to manage mine by keeping them minimal and not committing them every time!

My first bad beauty habit is picking at my face. I mention this first because it is most definitely the worst one. I know how bad it is and what it can do to your skin, but I just can't help myself. I have gotten better and only doing it when I have clean hands- and I also try to not be wearing make up. The worst is obviously when I am breaking out and I desparately want to pop a pimple. I keep trying to tell myself not to do it, but it doesn't work. If you can prevent yourself from doing this, please do! Picking at your skin can cause scarring, dark spots and spread more bacteria to cause more acne/blemishes.

My second bad habit is not washing my make up off at night. I must admit that I have improved greatly with this habit. I used to do it every night, especially in the summer. I would be out late with my friends and not get home til the wee hours of the morning and then just be too tired to wash off my make up. This is probably just as bad as picking at your skin. Leaving your make up on is just going to clog your pores and cause black heads. This rarely happens to me anymore, however if I happen to have a lazy day I at least try to use a make up removing cloth to remove the top layer of make up.

My third bad habit is not washing my make up brushes. If you get acne after wearing make up and use brushes to apply it, it is probably because you don't wash your brushes. They collect the bacteria that is sitting on your skin and it just multiplies on the brush. Every time the brush then touches your face, it is spreading the bacteria back on. You don't have to deep clean your brushes after every use, but a nice spot treatment is good. Again, this is something I never used to do but do now, and I have noticed an improvement in my skin because of it.

My last bad beauty habit is putting my hand on my chin. This again spreads bacteria from your hands onto your skin, but also removes any of the make up you had there. I do this so subconsciously that I try to tell myself in classes, "Don't lean on your hand." Many times it does work to say it over in my head because sometimes I don't even realize I'm doing it. I think this is a big reason why our make up doesn't last that well on our chins and cheeks.

Just like any habit, even beauty habits are hard to break. Like I mentioned, I try my best to not have these occur so often or catch myself when I do let it happen. What are your bad beauty habits? How have you tried to break them? Let me know in the comments below!

Stay happy, healthy and bad habit free! :) 

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment