Friday, September 21, 2012

nails for the weekend

About a week and a half ago I ordered some nail polishes by a brand called KleanColor so tonight I decided to repaint my nails to see how I liked them. I ordered a very sheer pink, white (both to use for french manis), a deep green and a matte top coat. I was most excited about the matte nail polish, since I have been looking for one for a while.

I used the green color on my toe nails and was kind of disappointed. The picture on the website made it look like it was an olive green but ended up being a dark hunter green. The name of the polish is Military Green. I'll spare you the picture since I am not too happy about the result of the color. (Do leave a comment if you REALLY want to see the color on.)

On my finger nails I wanted to try a light pink with the matte coat on top, since I have a bridal shower to go to this weekend. I used two coats of Wet n' Wild MegaLast Nail Polish in Sugar Coat. I have heard so much about this polish and I do really enjoy the color. It is quite sheer and takes about three coats to be completely opaque, but it is the perfect pink. The other thing I don't quite enjoy is the size of the brush. I have relatively small nails and end up making a mess...



As for the the top coat, it is called KleanColor Madly Matte and does just that. This is the first matte top coat I have used and even though I do like it, I kind of expect a better performance. I feel like my nails aren't truly matte- you can tell in the picture that there is still some shine behind there. The other downside is that it took AGES to dry. I've been waiting for at least an hour and I still feel like it isn't dry. I put on two coats of this and waited a while in between the coats (I realized this is the best method for nails to dry quicker). I kind of got impatient and you can see a little crease in the picture furthest right, not to mention that they had been drying for over 30 minutes at that point.

Overall, I like the way the polish turned out. There are some things I would have changed but for the prices I paid, I say, hey, why not. What is your go to pink? Do you like matte nail polishes and have a favorite matte topcoat? Let me know in the comments below!

Have a great weekend, and stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment