Thursday, September 20, 2012

challenge

So...my mom caught me. She is linked to my bank account and is able to see my purchases on my card. She knows I have a serious make up OBSESSION (even when I studied abroad in Germany I ordered make up and had it shipped to my house in the US!) and checks up on me regularly to make sure I am not buying more make up. Obviously I do, and then I proceed to get yelled at...

While talking to her, she proposed that I do not buy make up for two months. I am not the competitive type but I know my make up addiction is somewhat out of hand (although, not as bad as other peoples'). I just ignored her and ended up buying make up a few days later. As I was checking out it was like a little bulb went off in my head. Not buying make up for a while would allow me to use up the products that I may not necessarily like and make way for new ones. It would also allow me to be more conscious about my make up collection and not just buy things because they are all the rage, but actually read the reviews and make educated purchases. So...I have accepted her challenge. Yes, you have read that correctly.

I, Katharina, will not buy make up for TWO WHOLE MONTHS! I started this challenge on Sunday, September 16 and will continue until Wednesday, November 14 (60 days). 

It is going be two very long months, but I am ready! I think this will be really good for me (and my bank account) and allow me to discover old products and finish up ones that I have started. I'll try to make blog posts about products that I have finished up, every 5 ones or so, with reviews. And I must mention that I am so looking forward to buying new make up already!

So I pick you to do this challenge with me! Try using up your least favorite products or ones that you really do enjoy! Leave a comment below if you are going to try the two month of no make up buying challenge! 


Stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment