Wednesday, September 26, 2012

make up collection: storage

Some pictures in this post were lost. I apologize if that makes this post difficult to understand, however I didn't want to delete it so you would still be able to refer to it.

So I have been trying to figure out the best method of doing this blog post: my make up collection. I ultimately decided to split it into several categories: storage, every day used products, face, eyes, lips and tools. I will try to upload these posts in order and link them all to each other so you can refer back and forth. This post is going to be pretty short since I'm only talking about how I store my make up. 

I use one of the 3 drawer storage bins to store my make up and some random stuff. I got the bin from Target, but I'm sure you can also find them at Walmart. The other clear bin, which you see closely pictured on the right, is from Ikea. It is called the Godmorgon and costs $18 (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60177473/). I like this container because it can easily hold the make up I use every day, along with some extra things that I keep in there to have options. I don't have much space in my apartment at UConn, so this is the most efficient way that I have found yet. I would obviously love to display all my make up- I find I use different products when they are easily visible- but I just don't have the room for that.

In the first draw, I store some of my lip products- mostly glosses. I use old containers from facial wipes and take out. Again, not the most effective way to store my products, but it is the cheapest at this moment. I really don't like reading blog posts or watching youtube videos of peoples' make up collections and see that they spend over $100 on their storage system. Yes, it may look beautiful but I already spend so much money on make up, I don't want to spend the same on storing my make up. Right?

On I also have another container that holds my blushes and bronzers. In the back you can see my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, along with another palette I created and some miscellaneous stuff. Underneath the palettes, there is a smaller box that holds all the mascaras I have not yet opened. I think I showed this box in another post, that I'll link at the bottom.


In the second drawer I have a few circular containers to hold pencils and those kinds of things. In the back I have 3 foundations that are either too light or dark for me right now and a setting spray. Then you see my concealers in a small vase, followed by any eye pencils/liners I own. In the third container up front, there are the rest of my lipsticks. I tend to keep the lipsticks I own, unless I know there is no way I will wear them. I have really gotten into layering lipsticks so I like to experiment layering the lipsticks that are not necessarily my favorite.

You can also see the make up brushes I own in the frontmost container. Most of them are ELF brushes along with some randoms. You can also see the smaller, green storage container that holds fake eyelashes, single eyeshadows and small palettes and face products, such as highlighters and powders.

The bottom drawers has a bunch of random stuff in it. There is a Kiss acrylic nail set in there, along with some cosmetics travel cases and hair tools. I have 3 curling irons of different sizes, an old flat iron and blow dryer accessories. These are kind of the hair tools that I don't use very often or ones that I don't have room for in my bathroom.

I keep this make up storage in my bedroom because my bathroom doesn't have a window in it, allowing no natural light to come in. I like to do my make up in natural light as often as possible because it gives the closest depiction of what your make up looks like to others.

So that is basically how I store all of my make up. Let me know if you have specific questions about any of the containers or even some of the products you see. Also, let me know how you store your make up in the comment section below!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina



other posts mentioned:

No comments:

Post a Comment