Saturday, January 4, 2014

2013 Glam bag fails

As promised, I wanted to let you know about the 2013 Glam bag products that I loved and disliked...and of course, I had to start off with the ones I didn't like. Surprisingly (or not), I didn't find many products that I completely considered a fail- just a few. So let's jump right into it!


The first product didn't come until the July bag, and that is the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray. I did not speak highly of this in my initial impression and throughout using this my opinion didn't change much. It left my hair feeling crunch and dry- and I'm talking just bleached your hair five times in a row dry- and the kicker...it didn't even give me "beachy" waves. I have wavy hair and I thought this would just enhance those, yeah...no. I just wanted to wash my hair right away because my ends looked FRIED. Not a fan!

The next two products are mascaras, one from the September bag and the other from the November bag. I know I generally say that you can make any mascara work with a primer, but honestly all the mascaras I have received from the Glam bags have been one-of-a-kind horrible. In the September bag came the Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara which just left me looking like I had 2 lashes. It did nothing in terms of volumizing and doesn't live up to the claim that it's name makes. The November bag had the em Lash Gallery Lengthening Mascara in Brown. Mainly the color is what turned me off. I have absolutely no use for a brown mascara because my lashes are so light already. Of all the things I want, even in a natural look, are dark lashes. My sister, however, who has dark lashes likes this for natural makeup.

A product that is not pictured because I gave it to a friend is the be Delectable Ultra Nourishing Hand Cream, which came from the October bag. The product wasn't necessarily bad, but the smell was too much for me to handle. It was so intense! I sometimes can get a headache when scents are too strong so I didn't want to push it.

The final fail of Glam bag came in the December bag. It was the Starrily Nail Polish in Bzzzz Bzzzz, mainly because of the colors and the how it applied. I'm personally not a Steelers fan so I don't wear black and yellow nail polish, plus the glitter applied so sparsely. If that's the look you're going for then you might like it, but it's not my cup of tea.

I hope this was helpful and informative in some way. It also allowed me to reflect back on the Glam bags I received to see if they were really worth it- which I believe they are! And most of the products I didn't like were given to a friend who could get some use out of them. I hope you had an amazing and enjoyable new year's and are ready for an awesome year!

Happy 2014!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

1 comment:

  1. As the friend that you gave the hand cream to, my opinion on it is… I WANT TO EAT IT EVERY TIME I USE IT. Love the smell :)

    ReplyDelete