Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 2014 Glam bag

Of course you know what time it is- my Glam bag came again! I actually kind of forgot about it because I had gotten so many goodies recently between Christmas and end-of-the-year sales. But before I get into this month's bag, I want to do a little recap on my thoughts from last month (view last month's bag here). None of the products stood out to me that much, now that I think of it. Although I did use all of them and will continue to get use from them, yes, even the Copper lipstick, I didn't find myself reaching for these over other products I typically use. Enough of that- let's get to the contents of January's bag!


I have to say, the first thing I noticed about this bag is the smell...kind of like a mixture of plastic and moth balls, and then it ended up making all the products smell like that. I wasn't too fond of the bag but like I have said in previous posts, these make great gift bags! Now, on to the products.

The first pictured product is the yaby Liquid Foundation in Buff. This is supposed to give you a natural flawless finish, but I didn't find that to be true. It was a matte finish on my face, but then after about an hour I got oily in the center of my face. It does have a very thin and airy consistency and I say it gives about light to light-medium coverage. Also, even though it can be built up to a medium-heavy coverage but it does start to get a bit cakey. In the swatches you can see a dollop of it straight from the tube and then how it looks a bit more blended.

The second product pictured, which is also swtached, is the MicaBeauty Tinted Lip Balm in Natural. The hand swatch is probably the most accurate and I would say this is the typical "your lips but better" shade. I really think this is what my lips would look like if they were very pigmented. I truly do enjoy the shade, but the feel is kind of awkward. It's called a balm, but feels more like a very thin lipstick. It doesn't have that moisturizing feel that I associate with balms and chapsticks.

The middle product you see are the Proactive+ Mark Fading Pads. You get four samples of these and although I haven't tried them, I can't imagine four uses making a big difference. I will definitely give them a try...but I am a bit weary. Also, I have tried Proactive before and personally it did not do much to prevent breakouts on my skin.

The final two products I received are the Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask and the Epice Purifying Exfoliant. I quite enjoy both these products, the hair mask because it uses natural ingredients and leaves my hair feeling soft and nourished and the exfoliant because it is gritty enough to get all my dry skin- I even used it with my Clarisonic!

Before I conclude this post, I want to do a little comparison to last year's January bag (which that post, here). I do feel that last year's bag was a bit better. Lately, I have been becoming disappointed when I actually receive my Glam bag because I had hopes of different products...whereas last year, everyone received the same products. I do personally still enjoy getting my Glam bag, even just for the fun of trying different products, but I do sometimes question whether spending $120 on it is worth it? Just my thoughts...

With that aside, let me know what you got in your Glam bag or if you have tried any of the products I mentioned above! Have a great week, and for everyone in the northeast, stay warm and cozy through this blizzard!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment