Sunday, December 29, 2013

drugstore discovery: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Shadow Paint

One of my favorite things to do is scope out new products at the drugstore- if you haven't noticed yet! However, lately all my drugstore have been displaying holiday gift bags and boxes so I didn't really notice any new displays. Then I went to Harmon (my local beauty store) and woah baby! I found a couple new products, but I wanted to focus on the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Shadow Paint first.


This product claims to be a long wear liquid eye shadow that lasts all day, and I got it in the shade Chestnut Taupe. This is a taupe shade that leans more towards purple (it is more purple than the swatch shows). On the left you can see the "paint" a little more sheered out and the right is a full on swatch.

This has a pretty thin consistency and does blend easily. It takes a minute to set and after that won't budge. This can definitely be layered to create a deeper or more subtle effect. As you can somewhat see in the swatch, this product is super metallic and shines.

There are quite a few shades in this line, but I was attracted to this one the most. I did see some highlight-like colors but I don't really like to put these types of products in my inner rim, as they tend to make that area a bit itchy. I would definitely check these out if they are displayed at your drugstore! I kind of see these as the more liquid version of the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoos- both great additions to any collection!

So this was just my head's up to you about a new product I found. Look for more of these coming soon because I have noticed a lot of new collections coming out recently. Let me know if you have tried any of the other shades in this line and which are your favorites!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment