Monday, July 15, 2013

July 2013 Glam bag

As each month passes, I am more and more impressed by the ipsy Glam bag service. The quality and variety of the products is just phenomenal and each bag proves to be worth more than what you pay for. This month was no exception!

The July theme was "beach Beauty" with samples of products that will give you a beachy look- not to mention, that the cosmetic case that came with this month was great as well!


Starting from the bottom is the bh Cosmetics California Collection that came with the shades Hollywood, San Francisco and Malibu (swatched in that order). The shadows are pretty pigmented but a bit chalky, however I do love the boldness of each shade and they are definitely workable.

The product I was most excited for is the pop Pouty Pop Crayon in Rose Romance. Such a perfect nude shade! I think this is a bit light for a tanner complexion but I still absolutely love it, even right now when I am about 2 shades darker than my normal skin tone. The formula is very smooth and creamy so it feels like the all-too-popular lip butter products.

Next is the Benefit Benetint, which I probably won't use...I already used another of their staining products and it's just not my favorite. I tried swatching it all the way on the right, but you can barely see it. I might just use this to create a bitten-lip type of look but other than that I don't think this will get much use out of me.

The last two products are the Coola Mineral Sunscreen and the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray. The sunscreen has no scent and goes on very smoothly like a moisturizer. It didn't seem to break me out, so that's a plus. The beach spray is quite fragrant and the scent stays with you for very long...it claims it can volumize dry hair, but that's not a claim I experienced. I am curious to see if it really will give those beachy waves.

Hope this gave you some insight to this month's bag and my thoughts on these products. I'll keep you updated next month on what I thought over a longer period of use!

Always stay happy and healthy (and cool)! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment