Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 2013 Glam bag

I know it's been quite a while since I last posted, but I had a lot of things going on. I plan to be posting more regularly- now that the summer has basically concluded. Not that I don't enjoy summer (July is my birthday month, after all), but there is something about winter and snow that I just adore.

Before I go on to talking about this month's Glam bag, I'd like to tell you what products I have enjoyed from last month. My favorite probably has to be the Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick. Not only did I get an awesome shade, but I can see this turning into a deeper red for fall with some layering. Can't wait to wear some of the deeper shades with sweaters!


First product this month is the NYX Eye Shadow Single in Golden Poppy. Not exactly a color I find myself gravitating to, however you are now able to review the products sent to you and included is a section about the shade you receive. I plan on putting in a review to see if this will detail my "beauty profile" more. 

The next product is the Cailyn Cosmetics Tinted Lip Balm in Big Apple. I think the color payoff is great on this product, but I would not use the term "lip balm" to describe it. It's more of a potted lipstick, because it doesn't have that creamy texture associated with a lip balm. Swatched next to the lip balm, is the Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil. I didn't know if this was an eyeliner or what, so I decided to heavily swatch it on my hand and then use a brush to pat this on my face- the areas I want to highlight. I do like the effect that it gave. Fairly pigmented and easy to blend.

The last two products that I received are the Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil in Obsidian and the Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara. Love, love, love the pencil. I have been using it to blend out my flicked eyeliner and it gives such a great effect. It seems to allow some smudging time and then sets. The mascara, on the other hand, didn't not live up to its name. I was left with long, but super spidery and thin lashes. This did not give me any volume at all! I only used this on my lower lashes in the picture...I have been trying to find a way to actually use this mascara but it just doesn't leave me with the look I want.

Did you receive other products in your Glam bag? Which products that I mentioned have you used before and loved or hated? Let me know in the comments below!

Stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment