Sunday, January 5, 2014

best of Glam bag 2013

Yesterday I told you about my least favorite products of this year's Glam bag subscription, and today it's all about the best! Unlike yesterday's post, today's was pretty difficult. I found myself going back and forth on which products I really loved, because there were just so many. But I have narrowed it down to my favorite five!


In my first ever Glam bag I received the Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Bloody Mary. This is just the perfect red shade for my skin tone. The polish itself is also very nice. It has a great consistency and glides on easily. You can get away with one coat- but I usually do two for good measure. Also, it has kind of a shiny finish already so you could skip going with a top coat which can save some time if you're in a hurry! Definitely a great polish!

My next favorite product came in the March Glam bag and it is the GLAMRX Mini Freestyle Palette. This is a perfect travel kit for single eyeshadows and ones that you use every day. I raved about this for a while and I still get so much use out of it. I currently have four shadows in mine so you can fit a whole look in the palette. I would definitely rank this as the top product I have gotten the entire year!

In the July Glam bag I got the pop Pouty Pop Crayon in Rose Romance. This is such a great pink nude color for every day wear. I wore this just about every time I did my makeup in the summer because it really just complemented any look. It does get a bit harder to wear the more tan I am, but I think it looks great even if you have to sheer it out a bit or layer with another lipstick.

The last two products that I have loved came from the October Glam bag. First is the Big Sexy Hair Blow Dry Volumizing Gel. This is great for creating volume throughout my limp hair. I only put this in my roots and then blow dry my hair upside down. Another great thing is that a little goes a long way, so I see this sample lasting quite a while! This is definitely something that I have to use in my hair routine or else my hair will be laying flat against my head.

Last but not least, is the Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly. This is not only a great color, but the formula is amazing as well. Although this gloss doesn't have opaque pigmentation it gives some color without being sticky. It also has a tingly feeling and smells somewhat minty, which I personally love!

So those were my absolute favorite products from the 2013 Glam bag subscription. I did have some other favorites, but I really wanted to narrow it down. If you've been following along with my Glam bag posts, you'll know I definitely think this is worth the money because of the variety, quality and size of the products they send you. I encourage everyone to check it out!

I hope everyone from the northeast made it through this blizzard alive and that y'all from other parts are staying warm! Look out for my favorite products of 2013 coming soon!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment