Monday, January 13, 2014

let's get Naked!: rose ombre

Finally, I have gotten my hands on the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, so of course I had to do a look using it! I really enjoy this palette a lot- possibly more than any of the others, if I dare say. Thanks to my mom for getting me this palette and feeding my makeup addiction (even though she doesn't like it sometimes)! So let's get to the look.



I started this look by priming my eyes using the Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base to keep the eyeshadow on my eyes all night, since I do have oily eye lids. Then to give even more of a colored base, I used the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Shadow Paint in Chestnut Taupe.

Moving on to the eyeshadows, I used only the Naked 3 Palette. I started off with the shade Dust, which is a light very shimmery pink (first swatch in middle), and placed that in my inner corner as a highlight. Then I took Strange, a matte white, and placed that under the brow to highlight that area, as well. I then took the first crease shade, Limit (a light mauve that is matte), and put that in the upper crease. I took this a bit higher than I would a normal look because I really wanted the ombre effect to be more visible. Next, I took the shade Nooner, which is a darker version of limit, and placed this all over the lid and into the crease. I did this a few times to deepen the color a bit. I also brought this shade onto the lower lash line very lightly to create a smokey look. Then taking Factory, a deep plum shimmer (second to last swatch), I placed this very close to the lash line and then faded it up a bit- but only half way up the lid. I also took this shade very close to the lower lash line and made it quite deep to line the eyes.

I then lined my upper and lower water line, along with my upper lash line and created a wing, using the Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx. Taking a pencil brush, I traced along the lower lash line to fade that black, we just put on the lower water line, onto the roots of the lashes. As a last step, I used Blackheart (a black with pink glitter) from the Naked 3 Palette and smudged the pencil liner out on the top first, and then I took whatever remained on the brush and gently ran that along the lower lash line. To complete the look, just add your favorite mascara!

I really liked how this look turned out and I have been using the "ombre" technique on my eyes quite often lately. I've been wondering if I should make a separate post on this- let me know if that would interest you. I pretty much explained my technique here, but I could make a pic-torial! I got some new palettes, including the just-released Tarte Be MATTEnificent Colored Clay Eye & Cheek Palette, so look for possible tutorials/reviews!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment