Sunday, January 26, 2014

Tarte be MATTEnificent Colored Clay Eye & Cheek Palette

I don't know about you, but on some days when I'm bored I like to go through the Sephora website and check out any new products that have come out that I may have missed, or not heard about...and what did I happen to stumble upon- the Tarte be MATTEnificent Colored Clay Eye & Cheek Palette. This is an all matte eyeshadow and blush palette that features new shades. I thought I would review this palette since I haven't really seen many people talk about it!


I have to admit, the outer packaging is something that really caught my eye- even through a website! Plus, it looks so compact and travel friendly.


This palette comes with a blush shade, 6 shadows, 2 deeper shadows that are specified for liner (however, they are powders) and a dual ended brush. Before I get to the shadows, I have to mention that the brush is completely usable. One end is an eyeshadow brush that would be good for getting color onto the lid and layering it, as well. The other end is a blending-type brush, that is a bit smaller than what I usually use. However, I do think this would be good for getting color a little bit more precisely into the crease or even blending out the lower lash line. Both sides are very soft, and I do think you could create a complete look with just this brush if you were really pressed for space.


Now, onto the good part (swatched in the same order as shown in the palette)! Starting with the blush, this is in the shade Elevated. It has a beautiful soft texture and creates a very natural flushed look that blends in flawlessly with any type of look- it has those mauve tones with a hint of rose.

Moving to the first row of shadows, you can see Sand Out from the Crowd (a creamy off-white with a bit of peach), Peach for the Stars (a medium brown with some peach) and Two Plums Up (a deep violet plum). In the second row is Pink Outside the Box (a very light pink rose), Rose to the Occasion (a medium mauve with rose) and View from the Taupe (a taupe mauve). Below those are the two liner shades, which are Dream in Chocolate (a deep chocolate brown) and Don't Stand Black (a deep charcoal black).

As I mentioned before, these are all powder products but their consistency feels almost creamy. These products blend effortlessly, yet are still very pigmented. I do like the variety of dark to light in this palette, including blending shades, which I feel like can create plenty of looks for any occasion. If you are looking to try out some Tarte products, I feel this palette is really worth getting- between the beautiful blush and the great consistency of the shadows, PLUS the fact that they are matte, creates for one great deal. Also, I must mention that these are basic shadows that can supplement other palettes that possibly lack these simple, yet necessary shades.

At $36 I really think this is a great purchase. Between the packaging, a very usable brush and the matte cheek and eye powders, you can't go wrong. The large sized mirror and compact-ness of the palette also make it very travel friendly.

I hope this helped any of you who had their eye on this palette. Let me know if you are planning out and getting it!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment