Friday, January 10, 2014

drugstore discovery: Maybelline "The Buffs", e.l.f.

There have been so many new products coming out this January from all different makeup brands- great for my makeup addiction, bad for my wallet! As I was scouring the drugstore one day, I came across two new lip products that I really wanted to try.


First I found a new collection that Maybelline came out with. These lipsticks are called the Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs and I got the shade Nude Lust 920. I guess the "purpose" of these lipsticks is to be neutral, and they range from pale to a bit deeper. These lipsticks have a great creamy consistency and are not drying. This color in particular is not cool or warm, but very neutral. It does match my current skin tone so I have to apply a bit of a darker lip liner to separate my lips from my face.

I wouldn't call this an absolute must have, but I do like it. I tend to lean more towards pink-nudes so that may be a reason I don't reach for it as much as others. If you want to check out the collection I do encourage you to get one because Maybelline makes great lipsticks!

Another product I have been meaning to grab, but could only find online until I ran across it at Harmon, is the e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator. This looks like a lipstick but is a lip scrub in bullet form. I have used this several times and I do think it works well. However mine broke already when I was using it- you can barely turn the product up when using it or else it will snap in half. I'm not sure how long this will last, but I will keep you updated!

Let me know what new products you have discovered at the drugstore- or even high end, I'd love to hear your suggestions! I hope this gave a little snippet of info if any of these have caught your eye.

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment