Monday, October 14, 2013

Glam bag update: part 2

In efforts to keep you all updated on how I'm liking my Glam bag, I wanted to do another version of the Glam bag update. To see my last one, click here. I think this is much better than doing individual reviews on each product. Here's my thoughts on each month! (Obviously, if I haven't mentioned it, I either didn't really form an opinion or it wasn't my cup of tea.)

May 2013 Glam bag

Products I liked:
  • NuMe Finishing Serum- left my hair soft and silky, also this sample size lasted a long time. It also seemed to keep frizz and flyaways under control.
  • Zoya Nail Polish in Neely- perfect color, perfect formula, perfect nails. I reached for this a lot since I've gotten it and I see myself buying more colors from this brand.

July 2013 Glam bag

Products I liked:
  • bh Cosmetics California Collection- I enjoy the bronze shade in the middle, but don't find myself reaching for the other two
  • pop Pouty Pop Crayon in Rose Romance- I used this non-stop all summer. This is a great nude pink shade and has a rich creamy formula.

August 2013 Glam bag

Products I liked:
  • Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in 69- what a perfect shade for winter! I really enjoy the formula of this lipstick and how long it lasts on the lips.
  • Michael Todd Pumpkin Nutrient-Rich Facial Mask- I am doing this mask, as I write, and I like how tingly it feels when you first apply it (it makes me think that it's working). It leaves my skin soft and ready for a smooth makeup application.

September 2013 Glam bag
  • Everything was kind of mediocre in this bag. Maybe it was the shades I received but I don't feel myself gravitating towards these products. I do often use the Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil in Obsidian but that could be replaced with any black eye pencil.

In terms of mascaras in all these bags, I have given them all to my sister (the benefit of having a sibling- handing off all the products you don't want/need). I know I say I can usually make any mascara work for me, but some of these were weird. The formula was either bleeding onto my under eye area or kept flaking.

However, even though there are some products I don't necessarily use often, I like trying brands I haven't before. Also, because they are sample sized, I don't feel like it's a total waste!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment