Monday, October 28, 2013

L'Oreal magic nude liquid powder

So it's been about a month since my haul where I purchased the L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Bare Skin Perfecting Makeup and I know I have mentioned it several times in other posts, but I thought it needed its own review.


Over the last few months, I have been looking for a lightweight foundation that would be great for every day wear- and preferably something from the drugstore, so I wouldn't have to spend too much money. Although I do think I have found some great drugstore foundations lately, many of them seemed to be a heavier coverage which is really not something I wanted on a day-to-day basis.

This foundation is exactly what I was looking for. My current shade is 320 Natural Beige, but it does allow some room for when I am more tan or pale. It is a very thin consistency, which makes it very liquidy. I would say this provides light to medium coverage...so it will cover up general redness and light under-eye blueness, but it won't do any major concealing. In this picture you can see that my cheeks are not as red and my skin tone in general has been evened out (left- with only moisturizer on, right- with moisturizer and foundation). You can build coverage, but this tends to make the foundation look more cakey because it dries so quickly. Also, this type of foundation clings very easily to facial hair so that is something to be weary of if you have this problem.

Once this dries, it has more of a powdery, semi-matte look. It is not completely matte, but not dewy either and leans towards a velvet finish. I personally do not powder after application because it looks un-natural during the day time. Speaking of application, I like to dot this foundation all over my face with my fingers and then blend it out with a buffing brush. This way is the least messiest application style I have found, because like I mentioned before it's quite liquidy.

Now let's get to staying power. I would say that on my combination to oily skin this stays looking semi-matte for about 4 hours. I don't notice this breaking down in any areas, but it could use some blotting or powder at that point.

All in all, this is a great foundation. It has decent staying power, with light coverage and a beautiful finish! I know I mostly bought it for day-to-day wear, but it looks amazing at night too! Let me know your thoughts on this foundation and others that you enjoy!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment