Thursday, October 31, 2013

green and brown with envy eye look

Emerald green. The shade of the season, and one that I love- it just reminds me of pure luxury! However, sometimes a shade this powerful is difficult to wear without looking too much or like raccoon eyes. I came up with this look that is a more subdued take on this popular shade.


I primed my lid and lower lash line with the Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and then took the darkest shade in the CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 3-Kit Shadows in Shimmering Sands and put that all over my eyelids (swatched left). I used a patting motion to apply this to prevent fall-down and also to pack the most color on. I then took the middle shade in the same palette and patted it on top of the darker shade. This creates more of a neutral bronze that is not too warm or cool.

Next, I used the emerald green shade called Loaded in the Urban Decay Dangerous Palette and applied this in the outer corner and blended it into the crease. I did this several times to create depth. To highlight my inner corner and brow bone, I used the shade White from the Lorac Pro Palette. I wanted to keep this matte since there was so much shimmer going on throughout the lid.

I then applied my liquid liner- the Lorac Front of the Line Pro- and added a flick at the outer corner. To complete the look I took the Loaded shade and used a pencil brush to place that along my lower lash line and under the wing of my liquid liner. Just add mascara, and your look is finished!

I really enjoyed how this look came out- it is still a great smokey eye, but not too dark, and uses this season's hot color. I would pair this with any lip color, but I loved it with Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Berry Haute. I also think this would look lovely with the perfect red, creating the perfect party look!

I hope you enjoyed this blown out smokey eye with a twist! Look out for more posts soon!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment